The Big Match by BWB - DX'd by Multi Retro Man 1.0.0

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Here's my DX of the BWB game, The Big Match.

First thanks go to, as always, the late, great @Wizard for the fantastic emulator.

Next to @Leeham for the original release.

Finally, thanks to @infection for his image database. I hope I have done a good job in everyone's eyes, because the original was taken sideways on and it took me quite a bit of editing to get the left corners put together to look like a proper machine.

I used the shirt image for the GOAL options at either side of the net and edited the image so it looks like it's lit (not 100% happy with it but I figured it looks okay).

With the lack of images foor the nudges, I used the text colour blue and it has white edges but I think that's something to do with the emulator as I have found this on a few machines and thought I'd leave it as it is, unless someone has images of the nudges etc.

I also put the repeat text under the jackpot amount as I wasn't sure where it could go otherwise, so if anyone has any suggestions or images to suit, please let me know and I'll update the machine :D

Hope you all enjoy the machine and as always, stay safe and take care! :)

P.S. This was done using a mouse instead of the laptop's touchpad and I found it easier and quicker to use it.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Awesome 2

User Feedback

woodsy

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

omg... i fooking love it.. first shot was a goal and the chipmunks voice rom is hilarious... my thoughts are you done really well to get it to where it is, and with a mouse and completely different methods all round.. the image remains a 3.5 but the efforts and end results are a 10 out of 10..

thanks for highlighting you're using a mouse as it's important for all to know there are more ways to make a dx making it a possibility for any user to try with no fear of input choices and options barring them from trying..

Response from the author:

I can totally appreciate what you have told me in the past and suggest not trying to think about it when trying to do things with a mouse. I look at it that instead of moving your fingers on the touchpad, you're moving the mouse with your hand instead and clicking with your finger and I find it so much quicker to move and click instead of using the touchpad. I like my touchpad but it doesn't have separate buttons and that's the only negative thing I have to say about my laptop. :)

If you struggle to do it, imagine me being there with you and saying "just try this" and move it and see what's what. It's essentially the same thing although slightly different way of doing it but if you feel you can't then I completely understand and give you a big virtual hug and the rest of the gang as well. :)

• Thanks 1
Link to review