The Big Match by BWB - DX'd by Multi Retro Man 1.0.0

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Here's my DX of the BWB game, The Big Match.

First thanks go to, as always, the late, great @Wizard for the fantastic emulator.

Next to @Leeham for the original release.

Finally, thanks to @infection for his image database. I hope I have done a good job in everyone's eyes, because the original was taken sideways on and it took me quite a bit of editing to get the left corners put together to look like a proper machine.

I used the shirt image for the GOAL options at either side of the net and edited the image so it looks like it's lit (not 100% happy with it but I figured it looks okay).

With the lack of images foor the nudges, I used the text colour blue and it has white edges but I think that's something to do with the emulator as I have found this on a few machines and thought I'd leave it as it is, unless someone has images of the nudges etc.

I also put the repeat text under the jackpot amount as I wasn't sure where it could go otherwise, so if anyone has any suggestions or images to suit, please let me know and I'll update the machine :D

Hope you all enjoy the machine and as always, stay safe and take care! :)

P.S. This was done using a mouse instead of the laptop's touchpad and I found it easier and quicker to use it.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Awesome 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I forgot to add that the sound of the commentary sounds like a chipmunk as apparently the version that was released originally sounded perfect but in the newer versions of MFME, they turned into chipmunks. I may have a look to see if I can work out what the issue is and if it can be fixed and if it can, I'll put a solution on here :)

• Like 1

Hi MRM great work as always, I was actually going to ask about correcting the chipmonk thing. I think it's to do with the sample rate. I'm not that good at overwriting the default rate. Cup final does this too. I can install an older version of MFME if you tell me which version sounds correct for now. Thanks for all involved in this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I have finished said:

Hi MRM great work as always, I was actually going to ask about correcting the chipmonk thing. I think it's to do with the sample rate. I'm not that good at overwriting the default rate. Cup final does this too. I can install an older version of MFME if you tell me which version sounds correct for now. Thanks for all involved in this.

I believe it was version 6 where it worked okay. I have tried several things but not sure about the sample rate. Maybe that's something I could find out about. :) unless someone else knows

• Like 1

I played with the settings and found that 11000 sample rate seemed to play fine but the problem is that the game still seems to play it in chipmunk mode even when the override option is used.

Anyone solved the chipmunk problem I have made all new sample sound s at 11000 rate but don't know how to convert them in the bin file and get mfme to use it? 

Edited by Robsonmeg46

2 minutes ago, Robsonmeg46 said:

Anyone solved the chipmunk problem I have made all new sample sound s at 11000 rate bit don't know how to convert them in the bin file and get mfme to use it? 

If you can send them to me, I'll give them a go :D

If it works, I'll upload it and credit you :)

4 minutes ago, Multi Retro Man said:

If you can send them to me, I'll give them a go :D

If it works, I'll upload it and credit you :)

pm u

• Thanks 1