QPS - Xtravaganza £35 @ 30p/50p DX 1.0.1

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Well here's a quick layout I cobbled over the last few days using some artwork provided by @Player. It's a very simple game, basically the same machines as the Red Hot Monopoly single-player, or Grand Golden Game multi-player. As posted in the WIP thread, I had a brutal session on this in Skirlington, before being shown the correct way to play it (cheers @spa!)

Also, as stated in the notes and WIP thread, the artwork here appears to be pre-release, or prototype, or something else. I had to add the top reel surround and XTRA LIFE lamp as they weren't present on the art. So while it's listed as a DX, it's not 100% accurate. If I remember to take better photos in the future, or learn how to draw in Photoshop rather than manipulate, it might be re-released in more accurate form in the future!

Thanks to those who gave their input on the WIP thread and elsewhere. I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure about the layout. I think the next time I do one of these I'll be tempted to forget the belly glass at the bottom and move the note acceptor somewhere else. It's a VERY skinny layout. So skinny that you'll probably find my image and notes are off the left hand side of your screen when opening. 

Other than that I believe they layout is fully working as it should be. Any issues at all reply here and I'll update the layout!!

Cheers all :)

SM

QPS Xtravaganza - on Bell Fruit Scorpion 4 tech.

£35 cash jackpot at 30p/50p play, set to 90% payout as released.

Layout VERSION 1.0.0 designed by Slotsmagic using MFME v20.1

** Version History **

1.0.0 - Original release.

** Keyboard Shortcuts **

Insert £1 Coin    = 0
Cancel / Collect  = `
Hold / Nudge 1    = 1
Hold / Nudge 2    = 2
Hold / Nudge 3    = 3
Transfer          = T
Auto Play / Nudge = A
50p Start         = SPACEBAR
30p Start         = S

** Notes **

The artwork I received for this machine isn't actually accurate to the machine I played. There appear to be several versions of the machine with the same name (some with video screens for example), and this one has been modified by myself to match the ROMs. I added a reel surround, XTRA LIFE text among other things as they were missing.

This is a high resolution (1600px tall) release but has no blended lamps and minimal transparency so I think it'll run well on most PCs.

** Thanks To **

Player - for the artwork :)

Spa - for teaching me how to play these stupid things!!

Christian J Wren a.k.a. Wizard (1965-2020) for MFME itself. 
Cheers for the last 20(ish) years of joy.

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

Corrections made to 'whistle' lamps - BAR and X feature lamps wrong way round.

Top feature reel lamps adjusted - now correct lamp numbers and only the middle (winning) part of reel lights up.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Awesome 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

thanks for the new variant and option.. 

as skinny as it is it looks fekking awesome in full screen

Edited by woodsy

14 hours ago, Multi Retro Man said:

Many thanks for this one. I wish it would give real money as I stuck about £7 in and got nearly £40 back!... :D

I had it playing in auto for a little while before release, so it owes a couple of hundred quid. Once it's done a bit of a streak I'm sure it'll be back to it's normal awful ways.

15 hours ago, woodsy said:

thanks for the new variant and option.. 

as skinny as it is it looks fekking awesome in full screen

I honestly hadn't tried it in full screen but it does look rather nice in portrait mode. I keep meaning to actually set up another portrait mode display for layout designing, for when I *finally* get around to finishing my MFME cabinet.

14 hours ago, alex74 said:

Many thanks looks really good. Never seen one of these before so shall enjoy having a play.

I'd only seen 2, the one that I lost £130 in and the one I was shown to play properly and did quite well on! It's hard to work out what is going on with this machine, what with the artwork I worked from being different to the machine I played. It's almost like they had the name and couldn't quite work out which ROMs to shove in :)

• Like 2