Snakez & Ladderz £70 DX 1.0.0

(4 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

You know Wizard, he must've been one hell of a guy, I was a bit late to the fml party but you have to think, without his efforts and his time none of this would be possible, from 2p nudger to £100 reflex's and everything in-between that I and countless others have spent time utilising to recreate these amazing layouts and emulations for all to enjoy. I really think that is amazing, what's even more amazing is that it is free, I mean really free, when do we ever get that lucky!! I'm proud to be able to share my work for free to anyone and everyone so please if you have found this website or my layouts after purchasing from a unknown source please ask for a refund and report the seller. I don't judge you or do you need to tell anyone about it etc. I just want that to be how it's dealt with if it applies to you. Now you're here stick around and say hi, the community will welcome you as they did me and you'll have access to thousands of free layouts so it ends well in my opinion. (SAY NO MORE)

Anyways this is Red Gaming's £70 version of SNAKEZ AND LADDERZ 

Thanks go to @Reg whose reels I altered slightly and the lamp map i used for assistance here, as for the classics which are quality releases and which kinda inspired me to try a bit harder than ever to release it with the glass overlay details. The glass in the real machine has the snakes and ladders as a overlay above the lamped feature board squares, that's something I really wanted to re-create and after several mishaps I've managed it, there were many attempts prior to this by myself which were jumping due to a few pixels difference and this is next to perfect imo. That allows for the layout to seem as close to a copy as possible with the skills i have anyway, I also had to use a different lamping method for the feature squares as the omni would of left the words illegible and their not much better tbh but actually they really are, so I hope it's appreciated by critical artists ;) 

thanks to @infection for the base images.. thanks to @vectra666 for linking the classic as tbh i had started this a while back and couldn't find the roms so it was never going to happen until the classic was linked to me!! community helpfulness 101!

The gameplay is really different to any red game I can recall, and you really get value for money here, the features are long and often. 

there is a step value displayed by the right of the hi-lo reel when you take a feature that has reel steps that comes into play, they're red if you can't read the boxes to well!! and for a while i didn't understand why after getting a feature via auto nudge, the RESPIN function remained lit.... Well it can change the outcome of reel steps and reel blasts!! so now you know more than I did starting out!! 

I may have been a bit OTT when it come to highlighting the free side of things with this release but I won't keep doing that and boring the 99.9% of us that are aware and so on etc etc, it's just a one off reaction to recent events which honestly made me a little downbeat but must be worse for some of the long term artists, especially after one now has announced they will no longer be releasing FANTASTIC layouts, I'm sorry but I wanted to put out my thoughts and will not keep doing so after..

As always thanks to the community on a whole for helpful, supportive and welcoming feedback.

Hope you enjoy this layout

WOODSY

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

caption now published. thanks @Ginge 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5
  • Awesome 2

User Feedback

jadalzell

Had a similar problem where I had to replace a character in the fml file from 'œ' to '£', just in case anyone else has that issue.

Link to review
sturthrt

· Edited by sturthrt

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

All working now. had to rename a file it was & instead of and 

Response from the author:

glad you fixed it, can you elaborate in case others have a similar issue please bud..

thanks for the review too!

• Like 1
Link to review
infection

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

One of the best dxs I've seen   And one of my most requested machines aswell 😍

• Like 1
Link to review