Balti Towers £70 DX 1.0.0

(4 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Thanks to Wizard for making this all happen for us!!

Thanks to @spa for the classic that I used to assist in lamping and reel edits base art.

Thanks to @infection for the images, I actually used a On ish image to make the layout as the Off machine ones just weren't quite what I needed in terms of flash and resolution etc.. Image attached, and again it's an example of my experimentation with fml work, hopefully opening up new images for dx'ing but will see.. here's the base image that has become the layout itself. 

There are three lamps that I just couldn't work out for the life of me, I tried for days!!! I imagine vecs will if not someone else find the reason for the faults I overwrote by leaving them as permanently on, they don't affect the game in anyway just for the strange fact had I not left them in the release as ON, that every press of the start button makes the logo flash for a nanosecond, bizarre so annoying and unless changed will never be witnessed by many.. 

If you've never played this and I hadn't be aware the move up button disappears FAST so keep a finger near the U button or it'll not factor into your game much!!

hope you enjoy the game and let me know if the new method takes anything away from the normal method in your view, usually the machines are off when we start so hopefully I've found a way to use previously unworkable images etc.

I'll let people know in the release thread of any updates re; lamp numbers assigned for the three waiters at the bottom that are not in the test menu, BTW I wouldn't bother going for them as they just give a random feature shot!!! egg!!

This'll be the first of many in 2022, as usual thanks to all the community for your continued enjoyment, support and feedback..

best wishes

Woodsy

149062352_10157832034292653_911736891107690112_o.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

thanks very much appstrader.. always a welcome bit of ego boosting when i get such praise!! can see how wonky my art was now hahah.. but I'm far from perfect and there's always room to learn in my eyes!!! I really like the shadow effect you've created around the bodged cabinet!!! may have to get a how to off you for that so I can do similar for my future releases.. looks really good.. 

keep doing what you're doing buddy.. I'm a fan

4 minutes ago, woodsy said:

thanks very much appstrader.. always a welcome bit of ego boosting when i get such praise!! can see how wonky my art was now hahah.. but I'm far from perfect and there's always room to learn in my eyes!!! I really like the shadow effect you've created around the bodged cabinet!!! may have to get a how to off you for that so I can do similar for my future releases.. looks really good.. 

keep doing what you're doing buddy.. I'm a fan

My offer stands if you want any artwork sorting send it over, I redid the logo on this one along with the character and redrawn parts of the cabinet so it gives a full view, 

I did start a mix of cabinet images to recreate a DX i might send it over to you and see if its any good to you.

mate, that would be a library I could do with.. my biggest issue is the cabinets, i rarely release a file with a decent cabinet image. so please do send any full cabinet blanks so to speak and i'll make use of them as and when it fits.. I'm currently doing mpu5 red gaming like the ones above and tehe game attached is current wip..

my layouts are approx 2100hx1500w in ps, so anything like that will help me piece them together. thanks.

i've recently discovered how to use smart object copy in ps, that way i can increase the size of a image whilst keeping the details instead of just enlarging them as is.

the real issue i come across more often than not is flash or reflection on the machine glass. if you are able to perform magic acts and remove them that would allow for so many releases to come out of the shadows!!

below is my current wip. i'm keeping the cabinet in the image as best i can but i will have to straghten it out and resize it too..

image.thumb.png.67e1f94239c2e9f3fa71188ce8699b9e.png 

Very good! Just a couple of things: The waiters are lamp 254. if you add a lamp matrix, watch what flashes differently when the waiters are there on nudges. I think it just uses the one lamp, and the speed of the flash determines whether you have mixed or matching. And the spin thing in the bottom right is 180 degrees out; it starts at the top and goes clockwise, so the red and blue lamps for the super bonus are also the wrong way round. I hope that helps!