Barcrest's Crazy Crazy Knights - updated classic 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

This is an update for a classic I made more than 12 years ago. This game had a previously unemulated component called the Win-O-Meter, which gives the player a hint as to their chance of winning the next gamble. It's always annoyed me, and I recently went back and discovered how to get it working. Whether this was always possible but we just didn't realise, or if this was an update Wizard introduced more recently, I don't know.

Anyway it's a bank of multi-colour LEDs, and was quite simple to set up. I've also given the classic a spruce up while I was adding the Win-O-Meter.

I have to say it doesn't add a massive amount to the gameplay. There's a vague correlation between the amount of green and winning the next gamble, but overall it's pretty meaningless. If presented with a lot of red, you can Shuffle to perhaps have more green for the next gamble, but it just doesn't add the depth to the game it could have. It's telling that Barcrest never used this idea again.

Anyway the game is OK and it's good to have the emulation spot on for another game. There are DXs by Ady and BruceGeorge, but I'm not sure if either of them are involved with FME any more. In any case, it would be good to see an updated DX one day.

Thanks to @Wizard for all he invested in MFME, and to everyone else for their ongoing contributions to the site.

@Geddy - in a spare moment could you replace the Legacy Classic with this one please? Both are my work, and this version is the more complete experience :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments