Jolly Joker £4.80 Dx 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Was a bit nervous as is my first time with this so didn't want to screw it up uploading it, if I have made a mistake anywhere please let me know.

Now on to the layout, by @bungle and myself. We were going to do the original cab but have done it this way as not only is it my first release but most importantly we are dedicating this to @Wizard as if it wasn't for him this wouldn't be happening. 

Looking forward to a few more of these and will be honest I nearly lost it trying to sort the bits and pieces out but Bungle was quite patient with me so massive thanks to him as did Pm @Reg around March last year and wanted to do a Xmas release for 2020 but things got in the way and I was a bit lazy, was intending to do a classic of something but someone talked me out of it.

This is set at 20p play with a £4.80 Jackpot and I have a serious history with this machine which most of you already know, so finally the thanks,

@bungle for his patience with me and great help in making this come alive.

@slasher who has helped me understand the emulator a lot better when it comes to designing as he really started the ball rolling with me.

@Reg for initially giving me the confidence last year (sorry for the delay)

and finally Wizard who has made my dreams come true with this world, this is dedicated to you bud and done my own edition.

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

Updated version as reel 3 lamp was wrong and thanks @vectra666 for the fix much appreciated, everything should run fine now.

Thanks all.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Amots Drink 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

:wow: you kept this quiet congratulations you now have a artists badge. Just had a quick look and it looks fantastic will give it a good play sat night with my weekly 🍺.

• Like 2

To say this is your first release, what a great start! Loving the machine and the graphics etc.

I did notice that when I pressed 0, sometimes it inserted a 20p and sometimes a £1 coin. What I did was edit the 20p coin slot to use number 9 on the keyboard for the 20p coin insert and leave 0 as the £1 coin insert.

Just a very minor thing but the game itself is brilliant.

Many thanks indeed :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Multi Retro Man said:

To say this is your first release, what a great start! Loving the machine and the graphics etc.

I did notice that when I pressed 0, sometimes it inserted a 20p and sometimes a £1 coin. What I did was edit the 20p coin slot to use number 9 on the keyboard for the 20p coin insert and leave 0 as the £1 coin insert.

Just a very minor thing but the game itself is brilliant.

Many thanks indeed :D

Believe it was a lot of headache as it was my first try and have missed a couple of other things out but was pushed around by @bungle so much I didn't have a choice, glad he did tbh.

That was my mistake but I have resubmitted it, uploaded the wrong file.

• Like 1

I remember my first one, it was Volcano and a massive learning curve, as you have found too.

I had further problems in that the old laptop I was using kept restarting randomly, which meant I had to keep quitting out of it after every 2 changes or so, just in case it crashed again.

I have made many mistakes in the past so don't be too hard on yourself :)

People have helped me with some of my issues, including the late fantastic Wizard himself and I didn't really realise it was him until after a few conversations with him.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Multi Retro Man said:

I remember my first one, it was Volcano and a massive learning curve, as you have found too.

I had further problems in that the old laptop I was using kept restarting randomly, which meant I had to keep quitting out of it after every 2 changes or so, just in case it crashed again.

I have made many mistakes in the past so don't be too hard on yourself :)

People have helped me with some of my issues, including the late fantastic Wizard himself and I didn't really realise it was him until after a few conversations with him.

Thanks MRM and now I know what you guys and girls go through to give us entertainment which after finishing I was completely right about from the beginning, it is different being on the other side of the fence but before this I have messed about and pulled layouts apart to understand (kept the originals of course) and has been going on for many months, it all basically started with Slasher who kept pushing me and got me on Team Viewer which meant it was a bit more easier to learn as felt like he was sitting next to me.

• Like 2

I started in the beginning of the lockdown last year and thought I'd see if I could work out how to get the red lights on the old Volcano layout. When I managed this I thought I'd have a look at how to do a real machine with images and downloaded GIMP image editor and had a play and have learned so much, like yourself, I didn't realise how much was involved with the DX's but now also have an appreciation on how much work goes into the classic layout in the first place. :D

• Like 1

Just want to say thanks to everyone for their kind words and gratitude it gives me the incentive to have another pop and will, I just have many other things on atm and that is not a feeble excuse.

Glad you are all enjoying it :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, niallquinn said:

Thanks for the updated version!

No probs. My main rule now is to triple check everything before I release, sorry to have messed everyone about, thanks for everyone's patience and I'll try and get it first time next time round ;)