Desert Island Retro

Retropie

Pook

Well my friend, that is truely a classic game - although by todays standards - the men with white coats would certinally be involved !

That is so cool, thank you for sharing ! :)

Of course, others are going to think WTF are they on about... :D

Who knows someone, one day, someone may get to appear in Retro Gamer Mag as well.

I've got a hyperspin set up, which is fantastic to go through and look at. I bought a 6tb one, because, well because I could afford to and wouldn't have the patience to set everything up. But having a smaller install with just the systems you're interested in could be very rewarding, if you've got the patience to set everything up from scratch.

Wow they are not cheap, go my raspberry Pi3 for £35, downloaded an img to a micro SD, bit fiddly sorting out some controls but once done it's great. Perfect for anything 16bit or earlier, struggles sometimes with N64 or later console and higher end arcade. Ideally I'd love to set hyperspin up on my nvidea shield, tried before but that was a right ballache, need to spend some time and try again as that'll play everything available.

• Like 1

DX Banner.png

It's the interaction with rocklaucher that can be a pain as well. 

Rocklaucher has so many options and I made the mistake of updating mine, so a few things are broken now. 

Sometimes it's easier just to go through Hyperspin to watch videos of different games and then when you see something you fancy playing, load them through the emulators direct.

Hyperspin is quite old now but I see that it's going to get hopefully an overhaul.

Launchbox is a neat front end also. 

• 5 months later...

I creates a bespoke theme for my HyperSpin, I had built an extremely nice Spectrum them with tapes all glossy art etc. Lost the lot a few months back when my main hyperspin drive went down, totally gutted, wasn't just the months of artwork I'd produced but the roms.

To be honest though the Hyperspin frontend is so old, it doesn't even natively support 1080p.

J

13 hours ago, Altharic said:

I'd love to do this to use my recreated spectrum wouldn't know whereto start tho.

Is that the bluetooth keyboard one ?

If so, this chap might help...

http://www.tynemouthsoftware.co.uk/Shop

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TynemouthSoftware

...he has taken in the past old sinclair cases and put PI's in them.  He did a 128K for me once like that.

http://blog.tynemouthsoftware.co.uk/2014/02/zx-spectrum-2a-raspberry-pi-case-mod.html

• 1 month later...

There is an image that is meant to be pretty good on th Pi3, the problem is, the damn size of it...

256GB_VIRTUALMAN_V6.1 - PLATINUM EDITION_RETROPIE+ES+ATTRACT_PI3B_PI3B+

...was watching a video a couple of days ago on YouTube on it - fairly impressive.

I'm a massive fan of the SNES, in particular my favourite two games are Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country 2. I'd been using an Xbox one controller in emulation which has been fine, but I just got a Bufallo, USB snes controller.

....and wow, it's pretty awesome and fairly close feel to the original, highly recommend one for retro gaming.

J

Edited by A:E