Reg's MFME Cabinet

Reg

5 hours ago, Reg said:

Yep long since gone tho - I have it away.

It was made by Hanaho using real materials for these cabinets - the insides had failed years ago ( was real arcade monitor ) and all USA lighting and cabling - it had been completely replaced with UK stuff.

I simply was not using it so gave it to a mate that had a few kids who would make the most of it.

Lucky mate if that had been me the kids wouldn't have got near it

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Just to keep the pictures from other threads also here.

I use an XBOX controller for non-MFME stuf on the cabinet as posted at Fruit-Emu. 

I rarely post about the other things the cabinet can do as it feels like heresy as this is MFME, but using front end of mGalaxy to allow the other systems it has stuff...

mGalaxy Front End - Used as it gives access to other systems and MFME supports command line launching.  Otherwise Game Manager.

One.thumb.jpg.8f18d7576b8fa82af1694a5733786297.jpg

Star Trek - Running on Future Pinball - Tables Edited to put the Dot Matrix in a sensible place.

Two.thumb.jpg.93267df8db1f465fd9f4fe4892c840f0.jpg

Daytona USA - Running on a Dreamcast Emulator

Three.thumb.jpg.45d40b48752e7e4178ff547bc9f196b9.jpg

Galaxians - Running on MAME using Art Bezels

four.thumb.jpg.6a0a872d56ee00f8debec25c1dc41990.jpg

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

• 1 month later...
On 27/08/2017 at 21:59, Reg said:

Thank you sir, this was all over my head before I started - now I have made a very expesive keyboard for MFME, lol !

Anyway pleased to say...

Finally, it's DONE.  The coin mech isn't functional but that was never the point at this stage.

I am too tired to do anything now, spent most of yesterday and about twelve hours today on it, but it's finally done.  Pics and other info tomorrow, now I must sleep too tired...

Done_001.thumb.jpg.f4a84211928bf0851dd6e72a136823d6.jpg

Done_002.thumb.jpg.d37ca9aca2cd9f3e8567ea0a362b0ec1.jpg

It's looking a bit different from the original now...

000_Start.thumb.jpg.f3f2f2fdfde3e82ff679d82b017749a0.jpg

Where did you get the MFME logo plate it looks the nads wouldn't mind something along those lines for my MAME cabinet  great job though might convert my BWB hyper viper machine 

• Like 1

Just passing through between all things, a serious ****ing ding dong with my bloody son.

So as I calm down... ...yeah it's been there a while.  The letters game from Homebase an are simply stuck on a plate that aws on the top -  pealed the sticker from what you see in Skill Shuffle off the plaque.

There were these...

https://www.homebase.co.uk/search/products?q=mirror self adhesive

Also have the cabinet plaque at the bottom.  For the metal ( and I can't remember where ) but that was a custom rectangle of metal ordered with the corners rounded and I applied the stickers and affixed it would double sided tape.

IMG_2558.thumb.JPG.5f12ad7d05a67a9ae96ed13a3efbb201.JPG

3 hours ago, Reg said:

Just passing through between all things, a serious ****ing ding dong with my bloody son.

So as I calm down... ...yeah it's been there a while.  The letters game from Homebase an are simply stuck on a plate that aws on the top -  pealed the sticker from what you see in Skill Shuffle off the plaque.

There were these...

https://www.homebase.co.uk/search/products?q=mirror self adhesive

Also have the cabinet plaque at the bottom.  For the metal ( and I can't remember where ) but that was a custom rectangle of metal ordered with the corners rounded and I applied the stickers and affixed it would double sided tape.

IMG_2558.thumb.JPG.5f12ad7d05a67a9ae96ed13a3efbb201.JPG

Great effect I thought it was a piece of plastic with the letters milled/routed out looks the nads though found a handle for drawer on my cabinet on the homebase website though cheers  

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ! :)

Very pleased with it and offers way too much fun.  Going back when a lot of us first discovered fruit machine emulation back many years ago, to do something like this was a huge impossibility so many thanks to @Wizard for what he did with what is now MFME to allow this to happen.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi Reg,

Have to say i'm very impressed with the final result. Can shed a little light on how you managed to get the games so nicely fullscreen ? because i didn't mange to get them nicely aligned. Maybe there is a tutorial to do this properly ?

I'm using mfme 19.5 btw. 

Thanks for any help. 

Greets Hans

11 minutes ago, hans_ring said:

Hi Reg,

Have to say i'm very impressed with the final result. Can shed a little light on how you managed to get the games so nicely fullscreen ? because i didn't mange to get them nicely aligned. Maybe there is a tutorial to do this properly ?

I'm using mfme 19.5 btw. 

Thanks for any help. 

Greets Hans

Hi Hans,

Sure - I edited every layout and basically brought the right hand border much closer to the main picture covering the side art generally. 

I then use F3 or SHIFT+F3 depending on how big the layout actually is to maximise the screen to fill as much as possible the viewing area.  One is FULL SCREEN, the other is FULL SCREEN STRETCH.

There is always manipulation of bringing the right border across to ensure the space is as equal as possible on the left hand side of the screen and the right hand side.

Cheers.

7 hours ago, Reg said:

Hi Hans,

Sure - I edited every layout and basically brought the right hand border much closer to the main picture covering the side art generally. 

I then use F3 or SHIFT+F3 depending on how big the layout actually is to maximise the screen to fill as much as possible the viewing area.  One is FULL SCREEN, the other is FULL SCREEN STRETCH.

There is always manipulation of bringing the right border across to ensure the space is as equal as possible on the left hand side of the screen and the right hand side.

Cheers.

I think i'm geting the hang of it, but i cannot seem to find the option to make it permanent. So that i do not have to modify it the next time it starts. i will keep looking, many thanks for helping me out so quickly.

Greets Hans

2 hours ago, hans_ring said:

I think i'm geting the hang of it, but i cannot seem to find the option to make it permanent. So that i do not have to modify it the next time it starts. i will keep looking, many thanks for helping me out so quickly.

Greets Hans

F7 or Design -> Layout / Game -> Save Layout or exit the game and click yes when it says "Layout has changed, Save before exit?"

or if you meant the load mode, it's in preferences -> Load Mode

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks brilliant!

Questions...

If you had bfm's cops and robbers loaded on to it and an external blue light would that flash like the real thing?

Token payout I presume uses 20p hopper?

Physco Cash Beast, would you have enough buttons? I counted 9 at the bottom and 6 at the top. Any other machines use more buttons than you have?

If you had your own software on it could you use the existing buttons to navigate around a menu without conflicting with the machines loaded?

Can you still insert coins prior to a machine being loaded or does the coin mech lock out until it is loaded?

Could the refill key be functional?

Fanks. :D

Edited by Road Hog Mad
Stupid

Sorry at work on mobile so quick reply...

Yes on the buttons, there is eight on the sides and a lot on the bottom.

Yes, I suspect the light would work.

Tokens use the 10p Hopper and pay out 2 x 10p per token.

This one because of Mame uses mGalaxy as a front end so yes for the navigation.

The machine must be loaded for coins to work.

The refill key can be configured to functional.

Thanks for the reply! 

I've bought an i5 qaud core for £50 (aparantly a bargain) for the main computer, one step at a time... Next will be the coin mech (probably off Ron from the Mecca, an idea of what coin mech to use would be appreciated 'me126'?), a 10p hopper and a quid hopper (probably ebay or a member may have a good source) and whatever I need to make that work. I intend on making things work prior to fitting them. 

Edited by Road Hog Mad
Losing the plot

1 hour ago, Road Hog Mad said:

My next stage today will be to look for I pac drives and payouts, I've got a coin mech in my watch list. Is what you used in first section of this thread? ipac1 ipac2? 

Yes.  Links for them are at the bottom of this post where I have the screen and numbers. The companies where everything came from are in brackets.

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/11/2019 at 14:57, Reg said:

Sorry at work on mobile so quick reply...

Yes on the buttons, there is eight on the sides and a lot on the bottom.

Yes, I suspect the light would work.

Tokens use the 10p Hopper and pay out 2 x 10p per token.

This one because of Mame uses mGalaxy as a front end so yes for the navigation.

The machine must be loaded for coins to work.

The refill key can be configured to functional.

Sorry to be a pain!! Where did you put the links where you got the coin mech, hoppers and pac drive from (if I need 2 hoppers and a coin mech) ?

And I presume I only need 1 pac drive as mine is touch screen and all's that will be running is a coin mech and 2 hoppers.

I've already got an SR5 coin mech and a £1 coin hopper that came with the cabinet, will that work with a pac drive?

Someone mentioned on here, and I can't for the life me remember who it was and where I could get aftermarket hoppers and coin mechs as they would work better.

• 4 months later...
  • Reg locked this topic