Tips: Rom Dumping

Reg

So, just digging around some old boards. Couple of Epoch boards with Saturday Night Beaver and Geronimo on, missing?

Here is a rebuild in an Astra cab called Turbo Mega Bell, which is a terrible game!

TMB.bin

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, A:E said:

Sound wants to be burnt onto a 27C4001 chip.

J

Ok, grabbed the download above, seems to be one sound rom there. I have a sound card with a rom on from Safe Cracker Club here, which is mdm s2. This chip however is a M27C512 10F1. A bit different, but I guess this is no good?

4 minutes ago, Ploggy said:

Nothing in the rom-dat for Turbo Mega Bell, so they're new.  Got roms for the other games you mentioned though.  Here's Geddy's latest rom-dat.  Just open it in notepad, or any text-reading based app to see what roms are publicly available.

Fruit Machine Roms (20181119).zip  0

Thanks. I have just nipped in the loft and grabbed a couple of bits too. Mainly looking for some mpu4 rom cards, just in case I can get a couple of my 5p mpu4s onto 10p. I don't mind 5p games, but 10p/£5 would be better :)

2 minutes ago, A:E said:

I think we have roms for those jackpots, all depends if they required a different chr chip.  They are the biggest pain.

J

Cool. I have viva espana on 5p/£5 and adders & ladders on 5p/£4.

Sorry for clogging up this thread Reg! Please move any parts to somewhere else :)

1 minute ago, A:E said:

Actually don’t think I ever play a £5 10p, especially if you are talking stuff like Road Hog, Adders & Ladders era.   Though think you might find some £6 and £8 all cash 10p play.   There will possibly be IOM chips for a load of these ;)

J

I think I have played 10p/£4. My adders is the barcrest version with removable decals, so that would go to £6. That's what I should do with that one :) chr depending!

Hummm, strange. I have just dumped my ofah sound rom, put it in pooks dx and it runs with correct sounds. Maybe it's the program roms?

onlyfools_snd.bin

Have dumped the game rom too. Have loaded this into the same layout, have renamed both the sound a game roms to what roms were already in place and the layout has no sounds! It could well be these game roms!

So, how do I go about wiping a rom blank and then copying onto the chip? Im gonna have a go while a wait for a reply :D

onlyfoolsnhorses_std.bin

4 minutes ago, spa said:

Have dumped the game rom too. Have loaded this into the same layout, have renamed both the sound a game roms to what roms were already in place and the layout has no sounds! It could well be these game roms!

So, how do I go about wiping a rom blank and then copying onto the chip? Im gonna have a go while a wait for a reply :D

onlyfoolsnhorses_std.bin  0

No idea - not done that - but I'll leave all of this here - it's good active discussion and will point others that want to rom dump to this thread as well which will be full of people that have at least tried it.

• Like 1

I am just loading everything as if I was going to copy. But once it get there I goto erase and it does nothing :(

There is data on the rom, I think if I can get this off, writing to it should be fairly easy :)

Maybe. I bet Orchid will know for sure :)

I have just tried a different rom card in the machine, but still have the same sound problem. I will try a different board tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Wizard said:

EPROMS with the quartz window can only be erased with a proper UV eraser.

Ahh, many thanks for the info :)

So, where's the best place to get some M27C512 chips? I will however try a board before a new rom, just in case.

Ok, lastly, not sure if these a available, hopefully not as it's probably the worst version of this game ever, but here's Andy Loves Flo on 2p/£5!

I got given this machine years ago, it didn't last long but obviously kept the parts :)

ALFloGAME.bin

ALFloSND.bin