HARD TO FIND EMULATOR DOWNLOADS,

wilf

I FIND IT REALLY STRANGE THAT IM FINDING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND EITHER MFME V19.8  I CAN ONLY FIND AND DOWNLOAD THE V19.0 AND CANT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING ON THIS SITE WITH IT, PLEASE HELP,  HAS ANYONE GOT A LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE MFME V19.8  PLEASE? MANY THANK YOUS, MARK

5 minutes ago, wilf said:

I FIND IT REALLY STRANGE THAT IM FINDING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND EITHER MFME V19.8  I CAN ONLY FIND AND DOWNLOAD THE V19.0 AND CANT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING ON THIS SITE WITH IT, PLEASE HELP,  HAS ANYONE GOT A LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE MFME V19.8  PLEASE? MANY THANK YOUS, MARK

Hi

If you download V19.0 then once installed go to the about menu option, this should come up automatically the 1st time you run it, the click on the check for updates and the program will automatically download and update to the latest version for you. Then you can play all of the layouts here

• Like 3

Just now, wilf said:

thank you very much, ive already downloaded it and dont see the option naymore, thanks,

Hi

On the about screen which you should have an option as the last one on the menus the check for updates should be directly below the MFME logo on that screen above the scroll window if you cannot see it then try uninstalling and re installing the emu

20 hours ago, wilf said:

its all sorted now thanks to you cliffc, your a good guy and a nice person too, thanks for your time, kind regards mark....

Hi

No probs at all however as some of the other guys have pointed out some of the older layouts have not yet been converted so if you want to play these you will need t grab V5 of the emulator as well

• Welcome 1

8 hours ago, cliffc said:

Hi

No probs at all however as some of the other guys have pointed out some of the older layouts have not yet been converted so if you want to play these you will need t grab V5 of the emulator as well

Not some, just me, in this thread. Personally, the only real drawback between old and brand spanking new emu is stretch( for some but not all layouts) but in retrospect I couldn't really care less as something is better than nothing. Always grateful for what is given.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, lordcarson1916 said:

just been reading this post and found an answer to my post question, my old layouts wont run on new emulator.

is there any links to other older emulators?

http://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/files/category/71-legacy-releases/

If you have Windows 10, then you initially need two versions. v5.1 to load older pre November 2016 releases which are in .dat format and V19 for everything else released after November 2016, which are in .fml format.

However, once you open an older .dat layout in v5.1 and close it, it will automatically convert into a .fml file, which will be usable on v19. Which means eventually you won't need v5.1, just v19.

If you don't have Windows 10, then download and use v6.1 instead of V19 (the same applies anything loaded and closed in v5.1, will work on v6.1).

The downfall of not having Windows 10, will be that anything created in V19, won't work in v6.1.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lordcarson1916 said:

found it wear thanks, I guese I can uninstall my old emulators now?

Yes, the vast majority of olders stuff, work straightaway in v5.1, but some older layouts, need fixes to work in v5.1 and then on v19.

If you're not a member of www.fruit-emu.com, then join and the below threads contains lots of info on how to fix things and includes some layouts attached in post, that have fixes applied and automatically work with v19.

https://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/index.php/topic/52784-layout-diy-fixes/

https://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/index.php/topic/55526-mfme6-layouts/page-1

There's other threads which may also contain info, it's worth searching over there and here if you get a machine not working properly in v5.1 or v19.