What % of you are using 4K?

Amusements

Do you run MFME in 4K or HD?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. After installing a new HD monitor to my PC, and noticing the difference in quality between some of the recent 4K layouts, I was wondering how prevalent 4K is at the moment, and if it is the majority of users yet??

• I run MFME in 4k
    • I run MFME in HD (1080)

Hi Guys.

After installing a new HD monitor to my PC, and seeing the difference in quality, I am now wondering how prevalent 4K is at the moment, and if it is the majority of users yet??

Edited by Amusements

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

Layouts will always look degraded when displayed on a lower resolution monitor otherwise there  would be no point in 4K.

I think the idea of doing a layout in 4K is for future proofing, so when everyone is running 4K they will still look sharp.

Also bear in mind a larger layout has far more pixels to manipulate and might be slower running.

I have one 4K monitor in my setup but actually run it at 2560x1440 otherwise the text is too small to read.

I have a 4K monitor but usually run 1440p.   I do create 4K ready artwork for my rotated 4K screen, that’s 3480 pixels deep, source art needs to be excellent quality for best results, no point in making a 4K layout with inferior quality artwork.

I don’t think you require 4K for mfme.  Most people use a landscape display, so there is so much lost real estate as fruit machines are taller than wider.  A decent option is to just rotate a 1080p display, this will give you 1280 pixels deep.

J