MFME Keyboard

Reg

Those look excellent.

For me, I plan on building the MFME keyboard first and then move onto the cabinet as a seperate project.

I am not 100% sure about button labels at the moment.  I've got some "better" buttons on the way for this and assuming they're the right size I can get the measurements done for the MFME keyboard.

The plan is to use this company here to make the case.  I'll give them the measurements for it and should be good to go.  Going to have this made in plastic.

http://www.inplas.co.uk

One thing I have been thinking of in the back up my mind, I don't want to do the full hopper thing yet until I get the cabinet underway.  However I would like to be able to insert a coin into a slot in the top and have it slide down and out the front.  The purpose is to simulate inserting coins to play.  Just silly, but what I would like to do.

Top.thumb.jpg.1b4e5c32bbee168c34b6c51d8178eed2.jpg

Is there anything I can get to have cause the coin to register an input as it passes through the hole that I can send the the signal to the I-Pac 2 controller with ?

I used an Ipac 2 on mine. Can that be used to make the buttons light up? Wizard was saying a pacdrive can?

This is why I made a custom button panel for any layouts I convert, just so I know which button does what.

Surely you could just get a basic sensor that when a coin passes it, it breaks the connection between the 2 points? But one that is reverse polarity (or something that can change that) so that a conneciton is MADE when a coin pases rather than breaking the connection. You could wire that directly to the IPAC surely? There are "full" sensors on the hoppers I use that work exactly like that, they sit at the top of the bowl to tell the machine when the hoppers have physically filled the hopper, so maybe worth trying something similar?

I totally get why you would do it bit by bit. I am thinking whether to start again with my cab, making changes to it based on what I've learned throughout this process.

• Like 1

Just now, spa said:

I used an Ipac 2 on mine. Can that be used to make the buttons light up? Wizard was saying a pacdrive can?

This is why I made a custom button panel for any layouts I convert, just so I know which button does what.

To make the buttons light up as they do in MFME you will need a pacdrive

Just now, spa said:

So a pacdrive is like an Ipac, or would \I need both?

A pacdrive would be needed for the lamps as that is what MFME supports. It is simply a device which can control various things such as lamps, solenoids, LEDs etc.  You don't necessarily need a IPAC at all, as you can find alternative devices which can do what the IPAC does. As (for this build) you just need something that can convert a button press into a keyboard press. 

Pacdrive drives outputs
IPAC takes Inputs

(something like that anyway)

The I-Pac 2 is for the inputs to MFME.

The Pacdrive is for MFME on some techs to allow you to send the lights to the buttons on the Pacdrive board.

So on Viva, I have the following setup...

viva.png.d52942da92e94baf1cc5a803433ee43a.png

...this tells MFME to send a lamp output when lamp 41 lights to Output 1 on the Pacdrive.  That is connected to the right button which is Start.

Equally, lamp 24 goes to output 9 on the Pacdrive that is connected to cancel.

Using the combination of the I-Pac 2 which controls the inputs to MFME and teh Pacdrive that controls outputs from MFME, the circle completes and the buttons are fully functional.

38 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

Surely you could just get a basic sensor that when a coin passes it, it breaks the connection between the 2 points? But one that is reverse polarity (or something that can change that) so that a conneciton is MADE when a coin pases rather than breaking the connection. You could wire that directly to the IPAC surely? There are "full" sensors on the hoppers I use that work exactly like that, they sit at the top of the bowl to tell the machine when the hoppers have physically filled the hopper, so maybe worth trying something similar?

I totally get why you would do it bit by bit. I am thinking whether to start again with my cab, making changes to it based on what I've learned throughout this process.

Yes, this in conjunction with the link I found I can make this happen.  Thank you.

Just won one of these off eBay as well so at least now I have the presentation for it.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.fd86f52a72d2b991bf50a50623f0bd9a.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Insert-Coin-Bezel/302239214490

Reg, let me know if you various parts from fruits. I really can't be arsed with the hassle of selling fruits these days. I normally smash them up! I have tons of bit and bobs :) Same for you No1Stony.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Reg said:

The I-Pac 2 is for the inputs to MFME.

The Pacdrive is for MFME on some techs to allow you to send the lights to the buttons on the Pacdrive board.

So on Viva, I have the following setup...

viva.png.d52942da92e94baf1cc5a803433ee43a.png

...this tells MFME to send a lamp output when lamp 41 lights to Output 1 on the Pacdrive.  That is connected to the right button which is Start.

Equally, lamp 24 goes to output 9 on the Pacdrive that is connected to cancel.

Using the combination of the I-Pac 2 which controls the inputs to MFME and teh Pacdrive that controls outputs from MFME, the circle completes and the buttons are fully functional.

So I guess you have to configure each fruit machine via edit?

15 hours ago, spa said:

Reg, let me know if you various parts from fruits. I really can't be arsed with the hassle of selling fruits these days. I normally smash them up! I have tons of bit and bobs :) Same for you No1Stony.

Thank you very much - will do.

4 hours ago, No1Stoney said:

Yes you do as each machine has different lamp numbers

Are the buttons multi function eg as some games have hi lo on hold buttons, so 3 would flash when you get an hold has seen in video but then on gambling the number reel only the hi lo would flash on the hold buttons Just trying to work out how many buttons I would need as some games will need more buttons like line up nudge up buttons etc thanks

Some games need loads of buttons! My cab has 20 or so installed and I do plan on adding a few more! Maybe a few separate hi/lo buttons, arrow shape.

Need to look into this pacdrive first though but so busy at the moment :(

Yes this is why I ask about multi function buttons not sure about that Pacdrive myself like how many buttons can fit on it,and if you max out the pac drive with let's say 16 buttons and I needed 20 would I need other pac drive? As there not cheap really 

So it's good timing the thread has reached this point - I have been doing some work on how many buttons and optimium layout for them.

I believe this would cover every game....

KeyboardFinal.thumb.jpg.7dad160171e28c513392be7a69f2246f.jpg

...ignore the colours, the top left is Refill and the top Right is credits.

On 05/03/2017 at 9:53 PM, Reg said:

Yes, this in conjunction with the link I found I can make this happen.  Thank you.

Just won one of these off eBay as well so at least now I have the presentation for it.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.fd86f52a72d2b991bf50a50623f0bd9a.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Insert-Coin-Bezel/302239214490

Should of let me know I have one of these festering in the loft, when I bought my jackpot jewels the bloke gave me a box of tricks from a monopoly machine  wiring loom, buttons, alpha display, seven segs psu, coin hopper, scorp4 board which I think is dead as the batteries shit lol over it lol

basically the whole machine in a box apart from the glasses and ROMs unfortunately

my machine is basically j jewels in a monopoly cab 

I have 10 buttons on the bottom panel of mine, as the most I've found a machine to have on the bottom panel is that many. (I don't have clubbers on mine). And then I have 5 buttons each side of the monitor which are for any other buttons on the top glass of the emulated machine. Every machine I add to my cab I adjust the button shortcuts on MFME to those of the relevent button on my cab.

So there are always buttons that don't get used on every game. Before the pacdrive support, I had each button that was used on the loaded game light up to indicate which were used.

Edit, you can use more than 1 pacdrive if you need more than 16 lamps. When you order them from the official site, you specify an ID numbers, so if you have 1 already (ID:0) then the next time you order one you order an ID:1 unit and so on

Edited by No1Stoney

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...