Help With doing my first Emulation

kirsty

1 hour ago, kirsty said:

downloaded 5.1 from the mecca and get this on both xp and windows 7 image.thumb.png.e165d7e0d1ca8c58a1cb4459cebdbe24.pngimage.thumb.png.d0543ffd0b945bda17dbb203dc56d480.png

Download v5.1 from here:

http://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/340-mfme/

The one on the mecca is supposed to be installed over a previous v5 install so doesn't contain all the files required.

Edited by Wizard

In this machine you have to add the lamp numbers manually to a 7 seg display block>  If you have a look at the 7 seg properties you see a tick box labelled 'programable'.  Tick that then place the first number (232) in box 1 then press 'fill' at the bottom of the list then apply.  That should create 1 7 seg block.

Choose another block then repeat the process using the numbers below

232 (1st block)

Not all layouts are as complicated as this which is why you were told this is a difficult one, but its a learnng curve for all of us.

Hope this helps

segs.jpg

Edited by dad
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Yeah, it's not so easy working on this tech as your first machine.  Try a newer tech, maybe Scorp 5, it has a test mode that basically gives you all the lamp assignments.  These are generally the easier machine to work on for a newbie ;)

Creating layouts is not for everyone, I had a little background and understanding of fruit machines before I created layouts.  But like everything it does take a certain amount of effort, mainly time though ;)

J

Think you over quoted lol. Not mentioning the sherry again, honest. You just reminded me of when I first joined the forums as I use to screw up my posts and quoting😁Hope you are getting on well with your layout and even if there are tweaks needed after, other designers and Wizard would gladly assist..

Edited by Big J

There are quite a few on here and I would say you are spoilt for choice. Your best bet is to pick one of the regulars .....

Vecs pointed this out for you in a prior post>>>>> Learn off the best like Tommy c, Reg, Pook etc and you'll go far but there are quite a few others(also includes Vecs in the list too)

Edited by Big J

25 minutes ago, kirsty said:

maybe if there is one person to look at my layout to see whats wrong  tith the 0's and c's

If you are doing Reel Crazy mk2 then the numbers you are using are wrong. They should be 192, 176 and 200, 184

These numbers correspond to lamp numbers, so look at the layout and see if these blocks of lamps change when you insert coins or press the start button

20 minutes ago, kirsty said:

maybe if there is one person to look at my layout to see whats wrong  tith the 0's and c's

I'll take a look if you like, but if you followed the guide I posted you should have had at least 1 7Seg display something.  What I do is every time I make a change to something is to reset the machine (Ctrl + R).  Not all changes happen instantly in MFME therefore you might have been adding stuff correctly but not showing up as it needed a reset.  Probably should have said that in my earlier post - sorry :(

Reading Reg's guide is a MUST for anyone wanting to get into layout design.  I just wish there was a guide like that when I started.

As Big J mentioned (above), there are loads of people on here who can help.  Vectra for intance is now producing some very good layouts but in the beginning is was CRAP!,  I'm sure he'd admit that himself now but then again so was I when I first started.  We all have to start somewhere.  I learned from one of the FME masters - Pook who guided me through those early days.  If it wasn't for him I'd have chucked it in straight away.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, A:E said:

You need to work with the guide and build the layout as detailed.

Not sure if there are any blank layouts to download here, possibly over at fruit-emu.  
Actually, wonder if there is a new ‘blank layout’ option in mfme?  That would be nifty.

J

Agreed it would be a nice addition for ease of use but..

It takes 2 minutes to create a basic layout.

1. Click Edit Mode (most important)
2. Right click in the main window and choose 'Reel' from the drop down list, repeat that anther 3 times to end up with 4 reels, then line them up side by side by clicking & dragging to where you want them.
3. Add numbers to reels.  Go into Design/Reel Editor and right click on each band and choose 'default'. This will place numbers 1 - 12 on the reels.  Don't forget to click 'apply' each time. Then close the reel editor.
4. Right click the main area again & choose Lamp matrix (all). Again you can highlight all & drag where you want them.
5. Repeat the same process but with 'Buttons (all Buttons)'
6. Right click & choose LED Display (7 Seg Display).  I normally do this twice to get two blocks.
7. Right click & choose Alpha Displays (Alpha Display depending on the layout)  Experimenting is the key here.

This will give you the bare bones of a layout.  There's often a lot more you'll need to add, change & do for certain layouts, but for testing roms etc this is normally were I start.  Obviously I 'save layout' so I don't need to re-create it each time, I can just load it in as & when.

• Thanks 1