Help With doing my first Emulation

kirsty

Hi Kirsty nice to see a member wanting to try/have ago at emulation. First thing click on the link below down load the file and have a read to get a better understanding of whats involved.

When you get your head around it/or not just ask away am sure other members can give you a better understanding of anything your unsure of. My knowledge is limited as only just started myself. 

5 minutes ago, evo1 said:

Hi Kirsty nice to see a member wanting to try/have ago at emulation. First thing click on the link below down load the file and have a read to get a better understanding of whats involved.

When you get your head around it/or not just ask away am sure other members can give you a better understanding of anything your unsure of. My knowledge is limited as only just started myself. 

THANKS

• Thanks 1

Just now, Big J said:

Thanks at @evo1 as was going to link Kirsty over at The Mecca to the Designer thread but couldn't as under strict orders not to share or host anywhere else other than here. Welcome back @kirsty and I know you will receive all the assists you need right here at DIF.

November 26, 2016  Thanks i never really thought about doing a machine till now

1 hour ago, kirsty said:

also what emulator to use to maek roms run i have the latest v19

firstly you needcthe emulator (v19.8) which you have

next if you plan to do a dx (coloured real looking layout) then you require a program like photoshop

Next as said via fruitemu/the mecca, what is your favourite era in fruit machine playing?

then what machine are you planning to do or remake?

it won't be a easy ride (unless your meme aka socialdragon lol) and if you're willing to learn and take note then you'll be fine.

start something simple first then work your way up, although there has been some recent creators who have succeeded very quickly. I.E amusements aka frig, richy1976 and Evo.

Learn off off the best like Tommy c, Reg, Pook etc and you'll go far

BTW Welcome to this site 

Edited by vectra666
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

firstly you needcthe emulator (v19.8) which you have

next if you plan to do a dx (coloured real looking layout) then you require a program like photoshop

Next as said via fruitemu/the mecca, what is your favourite era in fruit machine playing?

then what machine are you planning to do or remake?

it won't be a easy ride (unless your meme aka socialdragon lol) and if you're willing to learn and take note then you'll be fine.

start something simple first then work your way up, although there has been some recent creators who have succeeded very quickly. I.E amusements aka frig, richy1976 and Evo.

Learn off off the best like Tommy c, Reg, Pook etc and you'll go far

BTW Welcome to this site 

what is your favourite era in fruit machine playing?80's barcrest jp, bell fruit etc

hopefully a machine that has not been done - 

i know it will take time, but im willing

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

15 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

although there has been some recent creators who have succeeded very quickly. I.E amusements aka frig, richy1976

Thanks for the big up, But am no where in the same league with the quality and standard. Noticed you not placed yourself in this Vec's....... your good as well mate don't forget that!!!!!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, evo1 said:

Thanks for the big up, But am no where in the same league with the quality and standard. Noticed you not placed yourself in this Vec's....... your good as well mate don't forget that!!!!!  

yes but i learnt the trade off the ones mentioned there's too many good/excellent creators to name them all 

As said you can only bake a tasty cake with the finest ingredients or if you're a top cook, its the same with emulation.

anyways as said Kirsty ask and the advice will be given.

Edited by vectra666
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, evo1 said:

Yes you are just as good. Something is better than nothing and you work hard on your layouts. Vecs don't need to blow his own trumpet as his work speaks for itself!

• Like 1

Kirsty.   Literally anyone can create a classic or graphic layout.  Wizard the emulator author has created a really nice set of ‘user friendly’ design tools to make things easier.  As long as you can put the time and effort in, those are the main ingredients.   You might want to take a look at the valuable resource that Reg released, it’s an mfme creators guide.

J

• Like 1

Reg’s guide will give you all the info you need regarding roms and how you can go abou loading them into the layout etc.   It’s best to try and work things out for yourself, get yourself acquainted with how the emulator and tools work, you can’t bust anything.  Don’t choose a machine you are not familiar with for your first layout and don’t try to please others just do want you want to do.

J

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kirsty said:

what is a good one to start on, 

where do i get the roms and reel bands to start

something simple like a lo-tech an example like 777heaven or nudge wink  or a bfm (bellfruit) lo-tech 

i get my roms from here, its a french site but the roms are in english there are other sites but this is the one i many use

http://www.planetemu.net/roms/mame-roms?page=C

reel bands/artwork as in flyers etc we can help you with once you sort out what machine you're planning on doing

even if you do an already released machine it doesn't matter as you will put your own touch on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vectra666 said:

something simple like a lo-tech an example like 777heaven or nudge wink  or a bfm (bellfruit) lo-tech 

i get my roms from here, its a french site but the roms are in english there are other sites but this is the one i many use

http://www.planetemu.net/roms/mame-roms?page=C

reel bands/artwork as in flyers etc we can help you with once you sort out what machine you're planning on doing

even if you do an already released machine it doesn't matter as you will put your own touch on it.

thanks ill have a look tomorrow!

13 minutes ago, Big J said:

Yes you are just as good. Something is better than nothing and you work hard on your layouts. Vecs don't need to blow his own trumpet as his work speaks for itself!

Sorry i disagree, the funny thing is and i guess the same with other layout creators. When i did my first classic i thought it was the bee's, but look at it, plan. How different i would do that now.

Every layout is a about learning new techniques and this guy's got a lot to learn.