DX'Cellent
Pook

Bust Out DX - Maygay - MMM

Following on from my recent focus on old machines, I've started this one now as @Reg's classic has had a good year out in the wild.

Lots of work to do and on the hunt for a decent cab image if anyone comes across one.

top.thumb.jpg.658ef5770e09a0f15513e72866032933.jpg

bottom.thumb.jpg.f45d91d97ee555238ae0b34a3bdc0ec1.jpg

Edited by Pook
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 3

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572f0e.gif

I do believe this will be the first Tripe MMM DX?? Hopefully not the last.  Even though the classic plays well this is the icing on the cake NICE.

• Like 1

Managed to source a half decent cabinet pic, tidied up glasses inserted and new buttons made. Original machine had another section again above the top buttons for coin inputs. Photo I have was missing this and would make the machine elongated to fit in window and glasses would be reduced, so I'll probably re-house these in the panel between the glasses.

bustwip.thumb.png.a9bb7594d823ae835ffd606c9244f875.png

• Like 2
  • Awesome 4

New buttons in place and starting to lamp glass, matrix should be fun looks as if the barb wire is an unlit overlay.

bg.thumb.png.5729ce3071afd08154142d757ace90f0.png

Edited by Pook
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 3

i wish i had 1/10th of the talent you have Dave.... its a true skill..

the layout is looking  bloody brilliant so far..

im looking foward to this...  :)

33 minutes ago, shaun2097 said:

i wish i had 1/10th of the talent you have Dave.... its a true skill..

the layout is looking  bloody brilliant so far..

im looking foward to this...  :)

Appreciate that mate but its just practice, try anything for 18yrs and you're bound to improve over time. Search out some of my early work and its quite shocking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pook said:

Appreciate that mate but its just practice, try anything for 18yrs and you're bound to improve over time. Search out some of my early work and its quite shocking.

I bet you look on others who are just starting their journey designing and think I use to be there years ago and it gives the more experienced layout creators a deeper respect for newcomers. It is people like you that encourage and inspire others mate.

• Like 2

This looks great.

I don't know where you get the pics of all these old machines.

Haven't got Special 2p or Whirlo (machines from my youth), have you?

6 hours ago, smudge22 said:

This looks great.

I don't know where you get the pics of all these old machines.

Haven't got Special 2p or Whirlo (machines from my youth), have you?

Neither ring a bell with me, who made them?

I think the Special 2p was an Associated leisure as it looks like the AL ones you have done already.  It would have been early 80s.  2p machine.  Three 'special' 2p symbols would be a £1 jackpot.  It had a nudge feature.  It gave you 1 - 9 nudges; no autonudge.  It was wooden with big round buttons.  3 cherries, oranges, plums 8p; 3 grapes 10p; 3 melons 20p; 3 pears 30p; 3 bells 50p; 3 special 2ps £1; 3 bars 27 ways 50p (I think).  It paid out straight away - no bank.  It had a 2p symbol on the middle real that looked a bit like the special 2p symbol - it paid out 2p.

The Whirlo one had a DoshnPecks type wheel (bit like wheel of fortune) that had a variety of numbers of winspins or nudges.  2p - £1.50 jackpot.  This one immediately followed the Special 2p in the leisure centre café where I went as a kid.  Btw, later on they had Gold Mine 2p, Moneymine (2p Moneygame) and TestPilot.

It's weird that out of the 100s of machines emulated, these two of my youth haven't been.

P.S. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for all the work over many years.

• Like 3

On 23/11/2019 at 17:23, Pook said:

Managed to source a half decent cabinet pic, tidied up glasses inserted and new buttons made. Original machine had another section again above the top buttons for coin inputs. Photo I have was missing this and would make the machine elongated to fit in window and glasses would be reduced, so I'll probably re-house these in the panel between the glasses.

bustwip.thumb.png.a9bb7594d823ae835ffd606c9244f875.png

Hi Dave,

I can send you a pic of the top part with the coin inputs if you need it.

Looking great!

All the best

Stuart

16 hours ago, Stuart said:

Hi Dave,

I can send you a pic of the top part with the coin inputs if you need it.

Looking great!

All the best

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, send what you have and I'll take a look, would be nice to get the machine as authentic as possible. Trouble adding more to the top machine will end up longer and therefore thinner losing playable area but I'll have a play about with it, this was going to be my workaround.

bo.thumb.png.fe5f32449e3b0e5fa675cf3bc1d0f693.png

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1