1 hour ago, barcrest junky said:

No reply, colour me shocked at the missed opportunity @chasnbons

I actually spent ages typing a VERY colourful reply, pressed post and phone froze and it all vanished. 

It mainly consisted of agreeing with @evo1 and much detail of what I'd do if I was in power.

Sharp sticks, wooden beams with hooks attached, racks and various other implements of torture were involved.

There are no proper deterrents nowadays, I'm a firm believer that if someone murders then kill the fuckers, rape and be raped (this is where the pointed stick comes into its own) 😉 Knife crime, turn their knife on them, you get where I'm going with this.....

And don't even get me started on paedophiles 😡🤬😡🤬

Never mind all the namby pamby rehabilitation bollocks, just put them in a locked room with the childs family for 10 minutes!

On a side note, Vinny and me still keep in touch by text from time to time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, chasnbons said:

On a side note, Vinny and me still keep in touch by text from time to time. 

Good to hear mate.  A really nice guy and absolute shit that some tosspot reported him to the GC.  They actually visited his house too. He lost all interest after that and sold up. 

10 hours ago, barcrest junky said:

Vinny is the head sticking out below Steelfix's head on the left. In the middle with the bottle is LineUp at the Mecca Chris who has his own fine collection of fruities from early eighties. On the right is spa then Phil Doncaster then classic JPM fan then Jonno. The lad with the marvel shirt is classic jpm's lad.  Swears like a trooper when he loses a gamble and sharks tokens off you.

The best and most expansive collection I ever played. Based in an old unit on the former Rank Xerox site in Mitcheldean. Fantastic day with good friends. 

I loved going to Neweys, but this one was better... for me. I believe he bought pretty much all of these?

15 hours ago, jabbathehut said:

thanks for the video's great stuff.Is the closest arcade to this reel fruits  in maidstone.Been meaning to make a visit but its a long drive and even longer by public transport.maybe take a day off work to go.

November 30th. Maidstone party day. Should be a good one! I'd say i'll be going with 3 others. Plus there's a Gala next to it, and Cashino up the road lol. Then services there and back. It's usually a very long day ha! 

4 hours ago, spa said:

I loved going to Neweys, but this one was better... for me. I believe he bought pretty much all of these?

Same with me.  Preferred Forest of Dean.  Newey did buy the collection and most of it must be in storage now, cos he's moved to Jersey and his home arcade is far smaller. 

22 hours ago, barcrest junky said:

Good to hear mate.  A really nice guy and absolute shit that some tosspot reported him to the GC.  They actually visited his house too. He lost all interest after that and sold up. 

Spoke to him last night. He no longer frequents the scene. All the aggro he had to endure killed his love for it.

Very sad, sold his machines and everything else to do with them.

He only has one left and hopefully that'll be going to a new home soon. 

• Like 2

On 24/10/2019 at 21:44, dad said:

I've only ever met three people from FME land IRL, but made longer lasting friends just from the forums & IRC spanning nearly 20 years now and nearly all of them are still around :)

I reckon thats good old me, I'd also say Daysleeper. As Meatloaf says, 2 outta 3 aint bad..

I've met Ady your good self and Daysleeper. So 3 for me also...

4 hours ago, chasnbons said:

Spoke to him last night. He no longer frequents the scene. All the aggro he had to endure killed his love for it.

Very sad, sold his machines and everything else to do with them.

He only has one left and hopefully that'll be going to a new home soon. 

He’s a top bloke, real shame people feel they can just ruin someone’s hobby.  Must have been a member on the mpumecca.  Can’t imagine why anyone would have it in for him he never seemed to have any issues with anyone and he’s always offered help and resources to the scene!!!    Just plain nastiness.   

Did they ever find out who it was?

J

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A:E said:

He’s a top bloke, real shame people feel they can just ruin someone’s hobby.  Must have been a member on the mpumecca.  Can’t imagine why anyone would have it in for him he never seemed to have any issues with anyone and he’s always offered help and resources to the scene!!!    Just plain nastiness.   

Did they ever find out who it was?

J

There is always someone that thinks they are better than everyone else or loves to play the fool.

At least there are some great memories but unfortunately all good things come to an end. Looked like my type of crowd!!!

That's not playing the fool, that malicious.   I'm not a violent person but I'd certainly think about ruining his hobby.   I don't know if the guy had mental issues, but that's no excuse for being a cunt.

J

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, A:E said:

That's not playing the fool, that malicious.   I'm not a violent person but I'd certainly think about ruining his hobby.   I don't know if the guy had mental issues, but that's no excuse for being a cunt.

J

Karma is a bitch!!