Usernames

Zippy

in the early days of the internet (1995 i think), i had to create a user name that i was going to use as my main user name for use on "proper" web sites (not the bogus ones we have all created at one time or another)

i was a bit of a self proclaimed "expert" at Sony`s PS1 game, WIPEOUT2097, so thats where "shaun2097" came from....24yrs later and still in use! :)

• Like 1

Mine is obvious 

at the time of having internet and joining various sites my car was a vectra

if I joined up now my name would be megane a bit girly lol

the  number is my favourite number, the devil in me

the favourite single number is six and red

which incidentally has come into my life a fair bit 

boring stuff about me now

started first job on the 6th of the 6th stayed there for six years 

passed driving test on the sixth time lol, bought first car it was 6 years old , red, and the sixth letter alphabet “F”

football pools 60p a go won £66

lottery £68 won minus £2 put on?

finally new car a red one with number plate 66 Rde anagram of red.

• Awesome 1

Mine came from my love for my footy team Manchester City. It's a name I used on the internet and for email before FME.

When FME started we had just come out of our really dark days of the 3rd tier.

Thought about changing it a few times through the years, to have a fresh start in FME, but never have and not likely to now either.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vectra666 said:

Mine is obvious 

at the time of having internet and joining various sites my car was a vectra

if I joined up now my name would be megane a bit girly lol

the  number is my favourite number, the devil in me

the favourite single number is six and red

which incidentally has come into my life a fair bit 

boring stuff about me now

started first job on the 6th of the 6th stayed there for six years 

passed driving test on the sixth time lol, bought first car it was 6 years old , red, and the sixth letter alphabet “F”

football pools 60p a go won £66

lottery £68 won minus £2 put on?

finally new car a red one with number plate 66 Rde anagram of red.

That's why you cause all the trouble around here 🤨

I was around from the very early days in FME including the Nifty Fifty demo and needed a forum username. I try and stay unique on different forums I have signed up for so selected something that reflected the fact I was here to find and play old (retro) machines (fruits) so became Retrofruit. Little did I know at the start what was to come and how overwhelming it would be.

Just for the record I am not responsible for any channels or users on YouTube using similar names so if you have a beef with any of them don't look in this direction!

• Like 2

Been around since stumbling across Alex's web hovel in 2001ish - http://dadsfme.com/hovel/The Hovel/index.html

Having lurked for a while I decided to have a go at making a layout with help from Pook.  I'd made a really crap version of Bar X using Union Games 'Select' roms which Pook agreed ro release for me and asked me what username I'd like to use, well I was a bit stumped TBH.  I'd just been playing a game on the PC with the whole family and the Hi Score table read DAD, MUM & all the kids names etc....... so I said 'DAD'. 

In 2002 I made my first FME website and the rest as they say is history :)

• Like 3

Round about when i was 12ish was in the care system for a short time and Staffordshire police ran a Space scheme (staffordshire police and community enterprise) in the 6 weeks holiday time across Staffordshire, and a handful of kids(about 10 was picked to go on a weeks camping with police cadets) for me was a big learning point in my life and one i really enjoyed, although it was hard well we was there. It was here that Evo was used for the first time for my nickname (short for my last name) and well i use that cause it reminds my of the good time i had there as we did all sorts of activity's like rock climbing, potholing and fucking walking for miles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geddy said:

Not sure about mine... ;)

Actually I'll spill.  My original internet nickname was 'Troutman' then shortened to 'Trouty.'  This was due to being given the nickname during a drunken Subbuteo game back in Uni in 1989.  I made a great save to which my mate said 'wow like Billy the fish..' I replied 'Fish.. I love Trout..'  That is how I got called Troutman, ironically I don't like Trout at all.. 

Half way through FME land I got reported to work for allegedly using the forums during work time so I changed it to Geddy.  Name is from Geddy Lee, the singer/bassist/keyboard player from Rush... there you go...

• Like 2

Not Retired from FME June 2022

1 hour ago, John said:

Is there any layouts and roms that are different/new that is not on here or FE and the four which I had off you which is, Bar 7even, Magic 7, Double Cash and Big Ten?

I'd say pretty much all of mine, its a long time since I released anything on another forum although..........

A few years ago I closed DADsFME so a thread was made at FE containing a few layouts only reelased there

https://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/topic/45330-mfme-all-layouts-from-dads-fme-website/

1 hour ago, John said:

@dad In 2002 I made my first FME website and the rest as they say is history :)

17 years😮 That is a damn long time. Nice, Nice

(sorry all, fucked up the multi quote but will get there eventually)

17 years is a long time but I'm a newbie compared to some.  Maybe you need some lessons from the master of multiquotes - Geddy ;)

34 minutes ago, dad said:

Maybe you need some lessons from the master of multiquotes - Geddy ;)

Was poked with that over at FE in a constructive but heated debate. I know people have had bones with each other over the years(read many a thread) as I now treat FME websites like my new social media website(Facebook is shit anyway IMO).