Tommy c

Johnny Francombes Winners Enclosure Wdx

Johnny Francombes Winners Enclosure Wdx

Hi here's a wdx of a machine i have never come across in the wild,johnny francombes winners enclosure,I spotted a low grade flyer for this in the flyers i have and looked an we had the roms for it,Upon setting everything up i nopticed it had a dot matrix display which had me baffled as i've never seen an m1a game with a dot matrix display. I sent it over to wizard to have a look at and it needed coding in to mfme to make the dot matrix display work,in no time wizard had the dot matrix working so i had to make a dx for it as it must be rare.

Unfortunately the art was one of those flyers set in the distance with a bit of the bottom glass obscured,this made the flyer grainy and pretty hard to read in places,so i drew bits n bobs back in to make it show up alot better,also made the artwork dark to hide the grains in the flyer best i could.5.thumb.jpg.60a2c22aa0d5f31f42e190a8d76e9557.jpg

I know this isn't the best looking dx by far because of the low grade artwork but download and give it a bash as it must be a 1 off to use a dot matrix display,the game play is pretty fair to,massive thanks to wizard for getting the dot matrix emulation put in and for sorting a sound problem out and also for the new mfme,short cuts are usual.

jf.png

Edited by Tommy c
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 7

Amazing find this one TC . I had no idea this machine even existed, and I love a nice dot matrix display AND I love Maygay M1a tech, so this is a double nice surprise.

I guess this was a machine installed at race courses and the like ?

The DX itself is brilliant, especially considering the source artwork. Cheers matey.

Great stuff! Never seen this either. I also like this era of Maygay. I suppose you have "made it" when they make a fruit machine out of you!

Thanks Tommy:)

• Like 1

not downloaded just yet, but..

bloody hell you have done an amazing job with the shite you had to start with, who'd of thought you used that flyer.

the saying goes "you can't polish a turd but you can put glitter on it!" well this time you've done both

thankyou

• Like 1

'I know this isn't the best looking DX' PLEASE, its badass mate, what you talking about?

Thanks shitloads mate and yes, this is the dogs do dahs(yes, I nicked that exact quote off you haha)

Never seen this before myself. 

Not had a chance to download it, please  tell me it doesn't feature Francome's voice though. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wearecity said:

please  tell me it doesn't feature Francome's voice though. 

Oh dear.....

• Haha 1

This is an interesting release particular with regards, the dot matrix. Another first for FME.

I seem to remember a while back (I think it was Ploggy), mentioning about some M1a/b machines having one. So there probably are some other ones as well.

At least Francome is not as annoying as Frankie Dettori.

Thanks for this Tommy, it plays a decent game, had a little dabble and put 70 quid in for 72 quid out. One thing I have noticed is that you can't exchange your wins for feature after first gambling your win even though there is a button for it. Awesome release nonetheless. From an era when Amusement in AWP still meant something.

• Like 1

Well I never. FME continues to surprise even after all these years. I knew of it's existence but not a machine I ever saw in the wild or played so thanks for getting this running.

I can't think of another M1A that had a dot matrix so sounds like a brief flirtation to try and copy Ace Grand National!

I will give this a bash.

• Like 1

"That's your first rosette"

The sample's are so cheesy on this.

I'm really enjoying playing this one, particularly for the samples - there is definitely something about it.

It is odd though how you can't exchange into the feature from a reel win.

Really good DX though, brilliant what you have done with it TC.

I have had the cash pot now, but still no sign of the jackpot. Buggers these Maygay's are and how they block lower down.

• Like 1

I've had the jackpot a couple of times off the 'Stable Door' feature, it goes super slow when it wants you to have a jackpot.

I've also gambled to the jackpot from a hold after nudges on treble bars.

Winners Enclosure seems to guarantee a tenner as well.

I'll get a video done on this one tonight if I get chance.

Do note it's running Whitbread ROMs which are very flat profile. (Watch the dot matrix when it boots up.)

• Like 4

Winners Enclosure has binned me off twice with a £5 ! I must be very unlucky, but also I am running from a RAM reset, so it could be that I guess.

Wonderful quirky little machine though.

Looking forward to the video :)

Yeah shame about the roms but does it matter with an emulator first..... has anybody actually seen one of these in the wild,or were they just race course pub machines. It doesnt seem to mind offering £4 near on every board most of the time.

Yep I also find the boards are pretty much always good at paying around £4 - might have been a decent little earner this machine.

I assume it passed test because the flyer was produced ?

Layout updated and roms changed to none whitbread,should give a better game from the of,thanks to mort for letting me know there was another version in the rom file and changing it over.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1