MFME - Layout Gallery

Geddy

Spent the day sorting and uploading all the current public layouts 'snap shots' to a new Gallery courtesy of @Reg 

It's available here - http://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/gallery/category/5-mfme-layouts/

Many thanks must go to @Mort who over the years on and off has helped me a great deal with the datafiles and the up keep of these snap shots.  I know they are only small and not always great quality but they serve the job of acting as a visual reference if you want to see if a machine has been done or even needs an update!  Hope you find it usual, thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Awesome 2

Not Retired from FME June 2022

@Geddy thank you for doing this.

This is a fantastic resource to see what happened in the past and more importantly to try to find the missing layout.

There is now a link at the top of the site, MFME Layout Gallery.

If within an area below the layouts are not in alphabetical order, then select Sort by Caption and then it should view in an A - Z order rather then last updated.

There are many layouts there that vary in quality.   This archive allows people to search back and see if a machine that they once knew and wanted is available in one form or another. 

This maybe simply to play the layout or even to update it to the latest and greatest MFME using the base as a platform.

This also shows the magic of MFME and all the hours that @Wizard has put into this.

Look how layouts, techniques have developed in this gallery and it really is a great chunk of history.

Thank you again to @Geddy, @Wizard for MFME, @Mort for helping the screens and to each designer past, present and future that is part of this great journey.

• Like 3

No problem, it's been a pleasure of mine over the years to assist you with the .dat files. I know I'm not always around, as I can't always remain committed to one thing, but I'm glad to have helped because I do still, to this day, look on FME with wonder and excitement.

It seems that the FME journey has been a long and turbulent one but it now seems to be in a really good place, which is a wonderful milestone to reach after 18 years.

• Like 4

Great stuff thanks for all the hard work doing this and uploading the layouts originally. 

I'd of got bored of it after the first 10.

As Reg says a fantastic resource and I'm sure many of us will go through them and find a few old favourites we no longer have. 

18 years of FME, definitely a lot of these could be considered retro FME layouts. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, wearecity said:

Great stuff thanks for all the hard work doing this and uploading the layouts originally. 

I'd of got bored of it after the first 10.

As Reg says a fantastic resource and I'm sure many of us will go through them and find a few old favourites we no longer have. 

18 years of FME, definitely a lot of these could be considered retro FME layouts. 

Have to agree here, just had a look though the BWB folder and forgot about ratrace and winagain two great layouts(off to find me back up disk with these on)hopeful these old classics will be updated one day.

• Like 2