Tetris £15 Classic

SocialDragon368

This is a classic layout of Mazooma's Tetris, set on 25p/£15/82%. If fruit-emu's working, i might put the layout on there too. Thanks to vectra666 for the original DX layout. This layout will work on MFME 6.1 and will also work on MFME V19 if you have windows 10. Thanks to Wizard for MFME.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Part of the SD368 Group

Firstly thanks for the effort and thanks for having a go.  However this is a very rushed classic.  Lamps, buttons not straight, text unreadable on some lamps etc.  Lamps all yellow so does not really represent the real machine (we have two DXs of this that I'm aware of...)  

If you want my advice (and you probably don't) look at JAFC's, Reg's and a few other classic layouts of late and see what you should be aiming for... however again thanks for your efforts.

• Like 1

Not Retired from FME June 2022

i echo geddy's post ok its good you're having a go but personally if there's a dx of something thats playable then there's no point in making a classic layout, thats just going backwards imo.

in the old days if a layout was to big for the screen you required to play it on i.e not laptop compatible than maybe fair enough but these days with v6/19 there's no need as ALL dx's are compatible 

As geddy points out this "classic" was rushed and nothing has been thought through, ok i'm not exactly an expert on classic layouts although i made a few and my very first layout was infact a dx converted to a classic (for laptop/ hi lo karate) which the text was barely readable... but i did make the squares line up as they're supposed to look and coloured them accordingly, yours is just placed anywhere the feature boards supposed to be square

i got the fruit names correct, where in tetris is the peach fruit??, its an apple! and you've a melon where there should be a orange. again that was my first layout, this isn't your first, you should be improving slightly by now.  

Again if you want to do a classic type layout, try to find something that's not been done there's plenty out there that can't be dx'ed due to limited artwork.

On this "layout" did you ask the original creator's permissions to use there layout as a base, uhh no, firstly the original creator of the 1600 is not easily found, but maybe in future get your permissions first or there maybe repercussions for yourself.

Finally take some advice or you'll never learn anything.

Edited by vectra666
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, SocialDragon368 said:

This is a classic layout of Mazooma's Tetris, set on 25p/£15/82%. If fruit-emu's working, i might put the layout on there too. Thanks to vectra666 for the original DX layout. This layout will work on MFME 6.1 and will also work on MFME V19 if you have windows 10. Thanks to Wizard for MFME.

1 hour ago, Gary said:

hmmm, has anyone converted all the lamps to graphic lamps

TETRISGAME_1.jpg.123aa00309e8b2947d3aed7d9897c8d8.jpg

@SocialDragon368 I have warned you about doing this shit and posting it here.  You have history of this.

Please do not post anything from a layout point of view that is not 100% your own work.

I have deleted the file as nobody would make a classic by doing a DX first - please as people have tried to help - get a set of roms that have not been done and try from scratch.

Also do not blame @Gary here.  Due to your history I would have checked this when back home, this message is just a little earlier then it would have been.

I am not going to put you back in the Moderation queue as I have done before it does not work - I am going to ask you to stop and can you confirm via a reply or a response icon, you’ve seen this and read this please ?

I will take that confirmation that you will only work on stuff fresh from your PC going forward - ripping people’s work like this just upsets the talented .FML Artists we do have, be it DX or Classic.

Thank you.

• Like 4