Desert Island Retro
fatdad

ZX Spectrum Next

3 hours ago, Reg said:

Here is the Kickstarter of it that I backed.

ZX Spectrum Next

Cannot wait for mine to arrive. :)

cant afford it now but hoping santa wife will feel generous this xmas..lol

the rubber keyed zx spectrum with a mere 16k was my first computer. i forked out for the 32k ram pack so i could play jet set willy.

9 minutes ago, nails said:

the rubber keyed zx spectrum with a mere 16k was my first computer. i forked out for the 32k ram pack so i could play jet set willy.

when i ordered mine from the club book,

zx speccy 16 k and the 32k ram pack for xmas

only the ram pack arrived as they had sold out of speccys...

had to wait ages for it to arrive....

* i followed on with a c64 and then saved heavy to get the Amiga 500 for £399 (bundled with shit i might add..)

then a B2000 and on to the a1200 tower, 030 32GB ram, HD CDrom etc. etc. etc. basically, when i went to Pcs, it was so similar it was uncanny.

now running a home built 8 core, water cooling etc. etc.

next ? hmm

The thing I find totally mind blowing are the demos people still write for the old 8 bits, I was watching some Spectrum ones earlier, some are insane, pushing the machines to their limits and then pushing them further, impressive stuff.

J

• Like 2

10 hours ago, A:E said:

The thing I find totally mind blowing are the demos people still write for the old 8 bits, I was watching some Spectrum ones earlier, some are insane, pushing the machines to their limits and then pushing them further, impressive stuff.

J

Yes and it seems to be that the Russians excel at doing this.

Some would be forgiven for thinking it never died over there...

Yes was very popular machine over there when we’d move onto to 16bits, I think there were many cheap clones over there.

J

I missed out on the original kickstarter so hoping to get on the 2nd kickstarter if and when that happens...

I have to say that the Spectrum next keyboard looks awesome... beautiful looking bit of kit. 😍

Love it, love it, love it😍

Use to have one of these, an Atari, a Nintendo and a Commodore 64 too.(ok, was a bit of a spoilt child!) All the old stuff like Dungeons and Dragons, Rampage, Carnage, Narc, Defender and shit loads of other games. Nostalgia at its greatest.

67804EF0-678F-4074-87DB-B016C9980DC6.thumb.jpeg.e49782b481f40144250ab6cb76e875a6.jpegI became the proud owner of a ‘toastie’.  It looked a bit trashed when I received it.  I stripped it down and a low temperature cycle in the dish washer sorted it out :)

• Like 4

Ah very nice.

I have one of these beasts.  This I recall is one of the more expensive Spectrums to get ?

Not quite as expensive as maybe an issue one ZX Spectrum 48K.  All Spectrum models have their value, I have 2 Spectrum +3 machines and quite a number of ZX Spectrum 48k rubber and plus models.  The toasty and the original rubber keyboard Spectrums are iconic machines,

I think I paid around £185 for this.  It needed a new keyboard membrane but works perfectly.  Could do with a recap at some point.  The only one I need for my collection is a ZX80, difficult to find one in decent condition as the plastic was fairly flimsy on those models.

J