Desert Island Retro

My Amiga 520

evo1

Being up in the loft to have a bit of a clear out/tidy and thought i would have a look at the old Amiga being sat up there boxed up since around 1990 ish.  Couldn't remember i had that many games.

Look a bit more yellow than in the picture with age.

20190221_165708.thumb.jpg.f876387b92ff67832bd5597c6f75328d.jpg20190221_165741.thumb.jpg.d5b31483015d08d889618a222ffd741d.jpg

20190221_171018.thumb.jpg.c7c94eaf04ba94bf731db9777b81e1d4.jpg20190221_171157.thumb.jpg.66ef29dbaa9b5f0645daf4396cd6d2be.jpg

20190221_171333.thumb.jpg.343795ec2886b49aac9f6f3a3bf78463.jpg20190221_171415.thumb.jpg.b9c7606dfc7fdbadc78d0033390fa39e.jpg

20190221_171447.thumb.jpg.d87c19f57def60adb4b60d0576a6546c.jpg20190221_171424.thumb.jpg.4c901e85b5c466f17c56154d36d3e768.jpg

Edited by evo1
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 1

Hey , I got a question , its linked to one of the games in the pictures , so in theory I can ask , but going on the title of the chat , it might not be the place . Chocolate spread or jam :) . Im fighting , lotus turbo 1 , its stubbon , too many choices on the emulator , had it running few years back , but changed systems many times , and I have the urge to feel young again . Any one got an ideal config for the emu that everyone uses ? forget the name , and to venture downstairs and check the name , she has strangers downstairs , stranger danger !!!!! , 

Becks you lost me at the last stop when we got of the train and when for a coffee. but if you referring to MAME??? i used hyperspin with rocketluncher in window 7 and everything worked fine but after i updated to windows 10 some of the systems stopped working so need to look into setting it all back up again.☹️

• Like 1

I got a soft spot for , lotus turbo challenge 1 , got the easy , and medium courses commited to memory :) , its just a pain to get running, using UAE ? shed loads of options , so been trying cd32 , with compilation cds , and lotus , still don't run , I know from years ago the settings are funny . Wanna here something crazy ? (totes off topi ) , eldest boy 12 , crippled himself at school yest . on a trampoline ! , like broke his arm , metal pin job , and what strikes me , is why put kids on trampolines at 9 in the morning , so soon after waking and eating . And really crazy , so hes lying there , trainwreck on the floor , and no one could touch him or anything because of the rules , and the ambulance wait time was 2 hours . 
:) not moaning , just an odd country we live in , these rules we have to protect ourselves , mean that kids don't get helped , bit messy if you ask me . 

9 hours ago, becks said:

I got a soft spot for , lotus turbo challenge 1 , got the easy , and medium courses commited to memory :) , its just a pain to get running, using UAE ? shed loads of options , so been trying cd32 , with compilation cds , and lotus , still don't run , I know from years ago the settings are funny . Wanna here something crazy ? (totes off topi ) , eldest boy 12 , crippled himself at school yest . on a trampoline ! , like broke his arm , metal pin job , and what strikes me , is why put kids on trampolines at 9 in the morning , so soon after waking and eating . And really crazy , so hes lying there , trainwreck on the floor , and no one could touch him or anything because of the rules , and the ambulance wait time was 2 hours . 
:) not moaning , just an odd country we live in , these rules we have to protect ourselves , mean that kids don't get helped , bit messy if you ask me . 

Becks to sum it up its a shit country in which we live.  Am sorry to here about your boy mate, common sense has gone out the window and teachers are trained in first aid but whats the point if they dont use it.  i know cause am up in arms at my little one school really does piss me off.  But also 2 hours to get a jambulance its a joke, the government are a joke who gets us in this mess. Look becks am going to end it here or i will be banging on all night. I feel your pain and anger, your boy is strong mate everything will get better you take care of the future.

I hope a speedy recovery. 

• Like 1

Thanks evo ,Hes back , in good spirits , it is quite a learning time breaking yaself , one feels indestuctable up until that time . Had a card from the teacher who was there , on the other side of the coin , poor bloke was in bits , might have lost his job if he had even touched him . Yeah , country gone nuts , LMAO transgender , honestly , must be old age but its all going a bit odd !!! :) Taking a few weeks off , good time to bond with the boy , he cant escape my old man tales of old , that drag on ……………. . 

On 12/03/2019 at 09:42, becks said:

Sorry to hear that and I will not even go in to odd and totaly F*&ked up country we live in......see I've started ......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Im no closer to playing lotus , Strained me nuts last night getting out the bath lol , so friggin old , reminds of kick starting 125 cc's ,ya know ? , when some bugger had taken your spark plug cap off , and you bust a bollock trying to start the bleedin thing :) . Think your amiga collection is awesome evo , never kept my old shizzle , mum said there was no space , out with the old etc . 

When I was a kid (oh god here he go's) , I was taught to share, if you had a bag of sweets , and someone didn't , you shared . That lesson was in sunday school too , help people , share what you got , if a kids in the corner crying , you go over and help . Then boom , your an adult , and the complete opposite applys . If you look for it theres suffering everywhere , I don't even see it now , trained to ignore it . I don't think its a conspiracy that we are all staring at screens and phones and pads , not seeing whats around us . Its just easier , water will always choose the easiest path . Think the early 90's and now , are almost opposite places , its a wild ride folks :) god knows where its going , in a fractured society , democracy fails . Her indoors is completely unaware of these scary life things , you either know or you don't , if you don't know , you probley never will . got to say , I love life , it isn't perfect , if life is a meal , ive eaten well , and I thank god for that , not a religious man , just an educated guess :) 

• 4 weeks later...

I think I still have my A1200 in the back of a cupboard or in a large box somewhere.

I assume this is an A500, as the 520 is the TV modulator for the A500.

Discussed before, but my favourite home computer/console.

When I used to use winuae for Amiga emulation, I would put on the disk drive sounds to make it sound more authentic. Might be the same still, but I could never get the display settings in the emulator 100% to my liking. Can't remember why though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This was one machine that I truely regreted selling.  For more than one reason.

I had a serious amount of Amiga kit back in the day but was desperately short of cash so I put an advert in this...

Front-Page-MM-0011.thumb.jpg.41bdd4e5e7cf751231236ad353947ee9.jpg

...I was asking £300 back then that was an absolute steal for anyone that took me up on it - but I truely had to have the cash here.

There was a buyer that came for it - but they could only collect when I was at work.  This was not going to be a problem because of the dodgy relation I had living in the same house as me, he agreed to be in when they collected.

Got home from work to find out that they had "only paid half as they didn't have enough on them and were going to the cash point"...

...when asked when they'd be back, "oh yeah they've not come back - call them".

So I did which ended up in blazing row with the buyer threatening to come around and do me over based on what I was saying.  The dodgy realtive insisted they only paid half and the stupid twat me completely losing out.

...somebody had the deal of the century if they really did only pay £150 for this - I suspect looking back and by their reaction they paid in full and the person who was "helping" me needed 50% commission to open the door and pass several boxes to the person who would have been about a foot away.

Wanker !  I don't like recalling that story but this thread reminded me of it.

• Like 3