wearecity

Top Gears - Press F3 Edition

Top Gears - Press F3 Edition

Here's a much updated Top Gears Classic Layout.

An update to the previous version because I've learned quite a bit more about the creation tools. Called F3 edition, because you'll probably need to play in Full Screen Borderless mode to see some of the text as it's rather tall.

Re-created from the attached picture, I've tried to be as accurate as the tools and my design skills allow.

Scorpion 4 machine by Mazooma set on 30p play £15 Jackpot.

Shortcuts. £1 - 0 , Cancel - `, Holds 1-3, Collect - C, Run For Your Money - R, Exchange - E, Start - space, Hi - H, Lo - L, Take Feature -F, Take Cash - T, Take Prize - P

Thanks to Wizard for MFME.

Thanks to the clipart artist/s, for the cars on the card flip reel.

Thanks to Vectra for putting the overlays on the reel symbols.

Thanks to whoever uploaded the roms. Thanks to whoever sold the glass on ebay to get some idea of the layout. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Top Gears.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1

Very interesting !

What you've done with the lamps here show the true power of the editor and the tools.  You could actually look at your classic here and have a really good idea of what the original machine looks like.

This is a style I would not do myself as we all adopt our own ways of doing things - but sir - good work on basically rebuilding a machine with classic components that make it very close to the actual glass of the machine.

How long did this take - looks like a lot of time and effort has gone into it ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reg said:

Very interesting !

What you've done with the lamps here show the true power of the editor and the tools.  You could actually look at your classic here and have a really good idea of what the original machine looks like.

This is a style I would not do myself as we all adopt our own ways of doing things - but sir - good work on basically rebuilding a machine with classic components that make it very close to the actual glass of the machine.

How long did this take - looks like a lot of time and effort has gone into it ?

Thanks Reg for your comments It's appreciate that you understand the effort that has gone into it.

Yes the tools are really powerful when you play around them and v19 has improvements as well and I will release a v19 version, with minor improvements once it's released.

I definitely tried to capture as much detail as possible of the real machine, just a shame I don't have a full image of the glass and the tiny picture available of the machine I have, doesn't represent the final machines look.

Not sure if this is the style I'll be doing all the time.  My only other definite for release WIP is Pacmania and that is already in this style, as it was due to be released before Top Gears, but I'm still working on the cards and I already had the cards I previously made for my original Top Gears classic. 

As for time, well because I had the cards made already and the original classic layout, it's taken probably about 10-12 hours. A lot of time, is spent running your eye over the glass numerous times as your eyes tend to catch the main detail and the little details are spotted sometimes after the 3rd or 4th scan over. Then I find myself repositioning things, several times. Once you get used to the tools I reckon you could probably shave quite a bit of time off. Eventually you have to say to yourself, that's enough, you can't do anymore.

• Like 1

Excellent classic wac,yeah i do like this style of classic you have started to do,i said this in your wip thread,very interesting and very close to the original game minus graphics.

• Like 1