Sign in to follow this  
Reg

Going Ape - £70

Going Ape - £70

Going Ape from Barcrest.

The chances are, if you like Alien you will probably like this one.

Have fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, SocialDragon368 said:

Sorry you didn't release a layout last week... but thank you.

Nah it’s ok, don’t be sorry - I think everything’s going to work out ok... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cheers Reg :)

Looks similar to Alien but certainly isn't a clone, not sure if it plays the same, will give it a go when I get chance.

Pic of the real thing in case there isn't one knocking around, I grabbed this at a local arcade last year (the machine has gone now).

image.thumb.png.cda8d802c6cb6f2c34025fc498ac623b.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So having just given this a little play, the first thing that I realised is there's no way this can be done like an Alien, because it doesn't have a bonus gamble! (It also doesn't have a £1 stake option.)

It exhibits a lot of the same behaviour as an Alien in how it lets you move around the board, when it'll take an Extra Life off you and stuff like that, but without the bonus gamble (which was 100% pivotal to the Alien method), there's no way this can be done like one. (That's not to say there isn't something else on it though.)

Alien was already a dire machine, only made interesting by the rip on it, remove that from the equation and...... Yeah, not much left :D

Also, are they recycling music and sounds from Big Game/Rumble In The Jungle here - I believe they are! (Big Game was a £10 machine originally, wasn't it?)

Thanks for the release Reg, definitely something of a curiosity, but not a machine go down as a classic I fear! 

Edited by Chopaholic

Hmmm, can someone try this for me please, I appear to have broken it.....

Just get any win, and it'll reset itself. (Or it does for me at least.)

think it might be when it tries to do an invincible board (it's had £191 in and £6 out), it was working OK, I was just trying to force out Coconut Shy on the left hand side, and then it started resetting itself it on any reel win.

Going_Ape.zip

7 hours ago, Chopaholic said:

Hmmm, can someone try this for me please, I appear to have broken it.....

Just get any win, and it'll reset itself. (Or it does for me at least.)

think it might be when it tries to do an invincible board (it's had £191 in and £6 out), it was working OK, I was just trying to force out Coconut Shy on the left hand side, and then it started resetting itself it on any reel win.

Going_Ape.zip  2

Yup, does the same for me. I suspect this is a bug in their code as it's calling the reset itself.

• Like 1

Same here as well, even in demo mode. Shame - really liked hearing the old big game noises, bought back happy memories.

• Like 1

When I get home tonight, I'll release the £35 version.

Let's see if the bug is in that one...

• Like 2

Just in from work - my first call of the day before doing anything else was put the £35 up.

Have fun.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@RegThere's an error on this - see King Of Swing feature, below it should be 5 winspins, you've put 6 strikes.......just had it.........and you can see from Alex's pic above.

Blame the testers!!! :)

Cheers!

NQ.

There another minor error on all 4 of them (going ape and cash attack £35s and £70s) the 11 at the end of the nudge trail should be 99

Sign in to follow this