Electrocoin 3 player machine roms

Gary

The OXO Club was an excellent 3 player! OXO Super reels then came out and was also very good! A real shame they currently don't go.

On 02/02/2019 at 01:36, Tommy c said:

Was this just a random member just asking for roms for a game or were they trying to run them in mfme. I'm guessing it's not a new member with that many posts?

The reason I was asking about the club oxo roms is because I am working on a bar x type game with a top box feature and I wanted to find out if electrocoin used traditional bar x type sounds for the base game but jazzed it up sound wise for the top game. Sorry if I got anyones hope up that the would run on MFME. I know we have a system at work for phoenix that talks to a top box but not sure if it works the same as Electrocoins does but happy enough to pass it on to Chris if its any use to him. I don't think we used it for any games though, everything I did on phoenix was single player machines 

18 minutes ago, A:E said:

I don't think any of the later Electrocoin lo tech machines work in mfme.  I'm talking the original versions of Magic 7s etc not the concept versions.

J

The later games from Electrocoin using the old z80 board have a protection chip that is linked to the UART board and have a bespoke chip for each price of play/jackpot value. They are dual coloured with one colour being the jackpot and the smaller colour on the chip denotes price of play, for instance 25p play £25 jackpot machines have a white with a bit of green paint on the chip. I have seen around 12 different combinations of the colours. 

The phoenix software for later games has a less complex (but still unemulated) protection. The Concept phoenix games will run up to a point where they check for the SEC meter and then fail but they will run at half speed as the dev system that they used needed the processor replacing with one twice the speed just to get anything running. 

• Like 1

Thats not 100% accurate about the magic 7 games,the sec chip as you say makes no odds what the pop is it can be any option the dips allow on that game,the sec chips change if the software code changes........ the green and white chip will work with any magic 7 game beginning with A ...  I think the first revision was A038 which was £15 jackpot and couldn't be changed any higher. the last revision A998 that sec chip will work for every magic 7,Bar X Big 7 red bar etc game that has A at the start of the rom revision. Now try putting a £35 version in with the green chip and you will just get the PP security alarm Thats because the software revision on the £35 ones starts with C and not A. Edited to add,those colours you see on the chip represent the number in the refill menu if you press and hold down hold 3,every colour chip has a different number code.

Edited by Tommy c