Jackpot Percentages

AK45

Hi Guys

what would be the percentage of jackpot payouts for £6 machines compared to £15 machines and then onto the club machines like £250 £500 jackpots ,i have been throwing money through a few machines in mfme 6.1 (amazing emulator)  like club vegas with a £200 jackpot to which i have never had a jackpot on after many £s normally £50 or £75 per session through the machine and also club monopoly £250 with the same results so what im asking really is i know the percentages to say £6 to £15 would be a similar win percentage with jackpots paying out 4,5 or even 6 times a session but when moving onto the club machines the percentage to hitting the jackpot must be very low ? so is it based on how much money goes through the machine the same as the lower jackpots with an additional lower win percentage for the higher jackpots of the club machines or any £100+ machines ?

Cheers

For Fruit Machine Preview Video's    https://www.youtube.com/@akfortyfive4574/playlists

These video's created by me are solely to showcase the talent of the creators and all who helped in bringing these machines to life,they are in no way a guide on how to play the machine or show how to exploit it

Edwardb, if he is still around, would be the man to answer this question.

What I know is every manufacturer does it differently, and it will be different again machine to machine. With most compensated machines, what commonly happens is that every £1 put in is divided several ways. A club machine at £250/80% might do this:

- 50p to normal wins. So this controls payout for anything up to £50 or £75

- 20p to larger wins. So occasional awards of £100 or £200 or so on

- 10p to Jackpot wins.

- 20p is kept by the machine

So, from a standing start, the above would need £2,500 putting in before the jackpot would be ready to pay.

In practice it's probably a lot more complicated than this, and the balance of money sent to different compensators probably changes when values get too high or low. But the above is a basic picture.

• Thanks 1

on the machines I have written the jackpots account for between 15 and 20% of the total wins for the machine. For the AWP market you need to balance the games to give the player a feeling they have had some entertainment for the money they have spent so this is the reason why you get the smaller wins a lot more often to keep them in the game. Club machines are probably in the 5-10% range

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

This comes back around to issues such as game play/blocks on smaller jackpot machines vs larger ones. 

Even around the £4.80/£6 token jackpot era, games could be set to be biased to pay more token payouts or more cash payouts dependent on operator preference. 

Main variables in play are namely how the player plays the machine, profile settings  and how it's programmed.

On lesser jackpots it's more the streak that is saved for separately not just one jackpot. 

Most of the current crop of £100s have a very small save for 'free' wins or random jackpots. 

The Daddy £100jp for example has a 4% save for a £25/£35/£50 or ultra rare ton hit off the slow roll in (usually) boxes. 

Betcoms (some titles) save about 10% for white flashes, invincible gambles etc

£10jp Maygays such as The Italian Job were very much focused on the streak of jackpots and on a good % would be saving about 20% for the streak pot. 

Some early Union Games titles such as Fruit Drop saved about 40% for the streak. 

A lot of lo techs such as Crazy Fruits had layered streak pots  say 30% for the £30-50 streak and 10% for the £60-100 one for example. 

Many games on £8jp or less wouldn't have blocks or saves as such, the game would just react from one single pot. Many argue this made the games a lot more fun back then and less controlled. 

Club machines (very generically) you're looking at a 10% save for those major prizes.

• Like 1