Desert Island Retro

Bandersnatch

Pook

So who watched this over xmas?

Started off promising, 30 mins in got really good but ended too repetative, too long and too fucked up.

Still some great retro stuff in there, anyone under 30 must of been lost when he was listening to spectrum load tapes on his walkman on the bus :)

Edited by Pook
  • Awesome 1

DX Banner.png

Ha !

So I watched this two nights ago.  I was then up too many hours trying to convert the Bandersnatch audio from the walkman segement to run on an emulator for speed of time.  I failed.

I am sure if this is got right, it will be something...

Bandersnatch.m4a

I used to love the Fighting Fantasy books as well, this reminded me so much of them.

I wonder if the title is inspired by the game that Imagine never released ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brataccas ) on the Spectrum that eventually came out on the Atari ST.

I streamed it via an app and not netflix so obviously missed out on the interactive part, I could tell the bits that were, was like watching over someones shoulder watching them make choices (that's a bit freaky, considering the concept of the show).

As I was watching the end on the bus I wondered if some geek would try to record it and load into a speccy, thanks for clearing that up Reg. :mess_291: 

Edited by Pook

DX Banner.png

• 2 years later...

A long time ago I found myself sitting next to Eugene Evans of Imagine fame at a conference. Just in front of us there was a monitor facing the stage. During the break I asked him if he'd do a photo with me recreating the old 'megagame' advert and pointing to said screen. Of course, he said "NO!" and that was that. Thus ending my excellent future anecdote opportunity.

• Like 1