Desert Island Retro

The Phone Quandary

Reg

Today this arrived from eBay.

The purchase was for my "secret project", was going to convert it into one for current phones - IE - I can plug my mobile into it.  I am creating something bigger then I've ever made before and there is certain things that are needed as part of the feel and the enviorment.

IMG_1862.thumb.JPG.881e3b0c5f30d67bd804ced4ec4d2107.JPG

What now gives me a huge problem is I plugged this into my phone line to test it and the bloody thing works !

It rings when you call the house phone and now it also dials out and simply does the job.  I now am stuck, to I get another to make the conversion as this one is an original and it has history !

The number is 224980...

...I found this...

1476292111.pdf

...looks like this may have belonged to Troy Benn on page 28.

Every eBay sale has a history and sometimes you look too closely and find things that just bring a smile to your face !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fatdad said:

my mum had a phone lock on ours but you could tap out a phone number like morse code on the buttons under the handset and it would ring through...lol

Yeah lol.

Those phone locks must have lead to many fights "how did he / she / the cat find the key and use it this time ? " or "you must have forgort to put it on "...

• Like 1