Mini Slot Cabinet

Amusements

Hi Guys

First of all I would like to give a huge thanks to Wizard for making this project possible, with the awesome and selfless work he has done on MFME and  all the layout creators. THANK-YOU!!!!

After months of planning, buying, prototyping, testing and building I have finally finished my Mini slot Cabinet that plugs in to my Slot Button Console via Lan cable and in to my PC with a USB. 

20181118_141354.jpg

20181121_144558.jpg

20181129_091503.jpg

20181122_085236.jpg

20181129_154019.jpg

20181129_094259.jpg

20181211_203430.jpg

20181212_131037.jpg

20181212_160857.jpg

20181223_121424.jpg

20181223_132458.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Welcome 1

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

So cool - I really do love seeing things like this.

When MFME.EXE was FRUIT.EXE I once brought arcade parts, never shared this brief story to make a controller for FRUIT.EXE. Never had the skills to do it and the technology was never in place either that I am aware of.

Time advances and first I built a keyboard with the great tools that @Wizard gave us within MFME.EXE and then came along the cabinet.

I assume that you can use just the keyboard setup as well and the coin mech detaches from the cabinet and is not needed - but completes the package ?

4 hours ago, Reg said:

I assume that you can use just the keyboard setup as well and the coin mech detaches from the cabinet and is not needed - but completes the package ?

Indeed it is all separate. The main purpose of this set up is so that you can sit on your sofa, put the buttons on your lap, and play on a big screen. Last night I was playing Nudge Double up Deluxe on one side of the sofa, and my friend was putting money in, and collecting the winnings on the other side of the sofa, whilst watching it all on a big 4K TV.

Space has been left inside the cabinet to add a small hopper (on order) for some of the older games that pay out 2 different coins, like 2p games and old clubbers.

6 hours ago, jabbathehut said:

How did you make the holes in the plastic.

By marking the surface out with pencil, using a very sharp pointy object to put an indentation in the middle of each button X, and using one of them flat metal bladed hole cutters in the drill. They have a point that sits in the indentation. I slowly drilled a hole out that was several mm smaller than the hole required, because the heat generated by the blade creates a burr, and melts the plastic around the edge (drill from the top side down). I then cut off the burr with a sharp blade, and used a Dremel  with sandpaper drum attachment, to get the hole a perfect size for each button.

• 3 weeks later...

Update

So I ordered a 2nd hopper off a (Drop shipper/seller) on Lazada despite getting no answer to my question about coin option + 7 other sellers asked the same question).

It arrived badly packed, and came with bent pins ect,  and I could not fit it due to it being 110v. 

Ordered a 220/110v converter and it arrived 2 days ago, so I spent today (Sunday) fitting the hopper. Unfortunately I can't get the optical sensor to respond, despite fixing back the wires, and re soldering the LED with snapped leg, but fitted anyway, and will order some sort of optical sensor on Monday if I cant fix the opto board. 

At the moment the hopper spins round ok under PacDrive Triac command and pays coins out, but is too 'short pulsed' to be effective, so that is a good sign, as the hopper is effectively fitted upside down, and should work perfectly when it has an optical sensor fitted to the output.

20190113_151329.jpg

5 hours ago, nobby said:

hi looking at trying to do the same thing as you is there any chance you tell me me what you need to make the hoppers work

thanks

The hopper set up works in 2 parts.

The way mine works is: (My hopper is 220v AC)

Output 16 on my Pacdrive goes to the signal input on a 5v relay, along with a +/- 5v tapped from the usb powering the PacDrive.
The mains lead that goes to the hopper has one wire cut, and is routed through the output of the relay.
The hopper then turns on when it is triggered by MFME and stops when part 2 kicks in.

Part 2 uses the I-Pac to generate a [ symbol. (This tells the Pacdrive a coin has been paid x1)

The way mine is set up: A coin passes through an optical sensor on the hopper (powered by 5v again), and sends a signal to another relay, and this time the output connects Gnd and 1Right together on the I-Pac which is set up via ultimarcs software to generate a [ symbol.

Something I learned about my cheap Chinese hopper.  The optical sensor came in the unblocked position which was bad for my relay. You can unscrew it, and move it to a 2nd (blocked position). 

Fixed the opto board this morning, and made a slide that is the right angle to let gravity do its part, then sanded it to fit flush against my front panel, and it has worked flawlessly all day:) Despite being almost upside down, and using small coins. I can finally play 2p machines, and old clubbers that pay out from both hoppers. The final stage is the put a cover over the payout holes, and find some thin screws to make the relays permanent, and maybe put a tower light on top.

20190114_145436.jpg

20190114_173929.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/01/2019 at 11:03, Amusements said:

Fixed the opto board this morning, and made a slide that is the right angle to let gravity do its part, then sanded it to fit flush against my front panel, and it has worked flawlessly all day:) Despite being almost upside down, and using small coins. I can finally play 2p machines, and old clubbers that pay out from both hoppers. The final stage is the put a cover over the payout holes, and find some thin screws to make the relays permanent, and maybe put a tower light on top.

20190114_145436.jpg

20190114_173929.jpg

would love to see short video of this in action I'm well impressed 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Time for an update.

For the latest MFME cabinet fun mod. I have hacked a kids ATM for the ability to suck in a note, and give change using 3 relays. Total cost probably around a tenner.

1444557039_moneybox.jpg.a9ee4f7b051da85b90a1049122cf5fe7.jpg20190911_164311.thumb.jpg.70cd010d5869f224e805c709404c3829.jpg20190911_181524.thumb.jpg.1746770b700e10284ec6a7bf007e3242.jpg

20190911_174546.jpg

Edited by Amusements
Changed the video for one hosted on youtube

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys.

Seeing as my mini cab is still going strong after well over half a million plays, and I am still progressing with it, I thought I would do a quick update as I have recently done a few upgrades.

749752087_latestMFMEcabinet.thumb.jpg.5169b9ab4766c3589fef5733ad0f1b78.jpg

My main upgrade was a massive TV stand with a 100kg load limit, and adjustable height: Cost 2550 Baht  (60 Quid).
I then added my Cheapo (6,999 Baht 166 Quid) 43" TCL 4k smart TV, only to find out that the upscaling is none existent.  So unlike my 55" Samsung, it is only as good as the layouts permit.

Next I added a 12v tower lights from China, and sprayed it chrome: Cost 230Baht (a little over a Fiver). Eventually I will add another Pacdrive/relays to illuminate it via specific bulbs in MFME, as my other Pacdrive is maxed already with my buttons.

My next step is to build an adjustable shelf for the buttons, which clamp on to the twin spine of the TV stand, and add 2 coin mechs where the speakers are.

Eventually this will split off in to a new cabinet so I will have 2 MFME cabs.

Hopefully this will give some of you some ideas and inspire you to be creative:)

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

• 4 weeks later...

That build looks good i know when i did a virtual pinball machine full size with graphics it was never ending always adding things one thing they dont ccount for is windows updates sometimes they can mess with things.Hope you havnt had any issues with updates.

Im planning to build a cab so all going to be a new learning curve i presume when the buttons are mapped with the leds s the game plays it will light up each button asrequired ?

Another thing i didnt realise i ordered a pac drive and a i-pac v4 then realised could have did it all with the ultimate ipac that has led and controller in one,Still there may be benefits of having them seperate im sure you wil say if there is .

Anyway nice build you have done id be happy to build one anywhere near as good.