Jump to content
Desert Island Retro
swanyofrug

Retro Sweets, Chocolate and Crisps

Recommended Posts

Some more crisps.

Farmer Browns. With loads of cock a doodle doo.

2019174178_FarmerBrowns.jpg.1a944f970ef0fb66d84578c02e67f829.jpg

 

 

Super Heroes.

1224302040_CaptinAmericaCrisps.jpg.6f8914b35f80346958d14db9dbe96f0e.jpg154970180_SupermanCrisps.jpg.fbe6c2b66de45bd3b63d0fc04511e40a.jpg993041323_SpidermanCrisps.jpg.5ce51d78a5eade70a892b72913bbdfad.jpg

 

Edited by evo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/12/2018 at 22:01, 1969kappa said:

plain flake wow never seen one of those 

I have asked a few mates at work we are in in 40's and 50's and nobody remembers the plain flake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2018 at 22:05, Ploggy said:

Probably not, mate.  Penknives were really popular in the eighties for some reason.  And those Rambo knives with the compass on the top of them. :)

Found a couple more.  Most of these photos came from Pintinterest, by the way.  Loads of great pictures on there from the eighties.

Traffic Lights.jpg

P.K.jpg

wrigleys did a packet the same but called Beech Nut I think

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barr drinks 1970's

56588740_BarrTizer.jpg.0afb9370e5ee08b1bcb73e97de47fdca.jpg856349555_BarrStrikeCola.jpg.5d23a59397af05734161f9bb608ff05b.jpg1523305798_BarrJusoda.jpg.b0cf248f8d2dbc9bff6ff7529feec284.jpg982704387_BarrIrn-Bru.png.89f91fda0a074d1692062eb80fc99d03.png

And don't forget the Barr bottles with the hand it back red tops, when empty take it back to the shop and get 10p back per bottle. Now that's recycling back in the 70's

My old man would save enough bottles, than when we was broke trade them in for some fags.

1787110472_BarrBottles.jpg.1bb6cd7ed96ebbb02c2d377839f2180f.jpg     280332233_BarrHandItBack.png.e25aa99acd8b478e62db17f6b606f7db.png

Plus the classic tizer ads

 

Dont blame me if you watch the 2nd ad and start humming it in your head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucozade.

Anyone remember getting your Lucozade like this? And why did we only drink it when we was bad? If its that good we should drink it all the time.lucozade.jpg.f0e07fb8c407aa31774e12679c399491.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pacers/Opal Mints.

Originally known as Opal Mints, they were plain white coloured chewy spearmint flavoured sweets, launched as a sister product to Opal fruits. The product was subsequently relaunched as Pacers around 1976, and later, three green peppermint stripes were added to the sweet.

1222015105_opalmints.jpg.e76bf73854f42e397816e0575f8fc5f2.jpg1802206242_opalmints1.jpg.64f48c657b9a110d5bc429148ad72214.jpg678392040_opalmints2.jpg.bb3323c3fcf20487b9dc2a34c4176027.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/12/2018 at 20:34, evo1 said:

Barr drinks 1970's

56588740_BarrTizer.jpg.0afb9370e5ee08b1bcb73e97de47fdca.jpg856349555_BarrStrikeCola.jpg.5d23a59397af05734161f9bb608ff05b.jpg1523305798_BarrJusoda.jpg.b0cf248f8d2dbc9bff6ff7529feec284.jpg982704387_BarrIrn-Bru.png.89f91fda0a074d1692062eb80fc99d03.png

And don't forget the Barr bottles with the hand it back red tops, when empty take it back to the shop and get 10p back per bottle. Now that's recycling back in the 70's

My old man would save enough bottles, than when we was broke trade them in for some fags.

1787110472_BarrBottles.jpg.1bb6cd7ed96ebbb02c2d377839f2180f.jpg     280332233_BarrHandItBack.png.e25aa99acd8b478e62db17f6b606f7db.png

Plus the classic tizer ads

 

Dont blame me if you watch the 2nd ad and start humming it in your head.

The 2 security guards are the 2 skinheads in the Young ones trying to get into the party

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/12/2018 at 11:22, char042102 said:

lol you beat me to it Reg,I didn't check through the thread properly and just posted the alphabet sweets / abc letters regardless.

took me 2 hours on paintshop pro to do the "Desert Island Retro" hidden within.

anyway here's some more sweeties from the day folks

swizzels-double-dip-1.oz-1.thumb.jpg.3e8f2c3222be49087f7f29df843bd7d1.jpg1167514349_SkullCrushers__48930.jpg.7602785ee99856f24ecea4e50318c1e3.jpg849052439_skullcrushers.jpg.5d8e4900f50f6ca3356ff7062d59763d.jpgmelody-pops-chupa-chups-whistle-lollies-strawberry-flavours-75228-p.thumb.jpg.7d773ccbb501455760f9a52301c3bd74.jpg

1854360376_colaballs.jpg.6ddcf4ee7ba8294f871fa1fc27aaf212.jpgsmall.jpeg.3c46743c4ffcd0b15e4bfb531675051f.jpeg1310527519_fangsdracula_teeth.thumb.jpg.013f542ee393a2ef68ac4057bfb55f0c.jpg

325.jpg.1e1d139270eda1b1ceb08bc4c066ad4a.jpg

 

 

 

I thought the lollipops were originally called whistle pops and  you could only get them in places like the chemist lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, 1969kappa said:

I thought the lollipops were originally called whistle pops and  you could only get them in places like the chemist lol 

Yes your right i remember  going into a chemist and this was the only place i seen them as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Selection Boxes 70s-80s

Been as its Christmas and my two had a few selection boxes, they have become (like everything a rip) as the bar of chocolate are not even full size.  Not like the good old days.

156974751_selectionboxes1.thumb.jpg.e610d37756f784d4254a372c05c52fd2.jpg  33429453_selectionboxes2.jpg.1e0b3435a9701752eb308c9e2cdfb9df.jpg349600277_selectionboxes3.thumb.jpg.f7b2df17ae2a9b30d48344eb56064f58.jpg642175477_selectionboxes.thumb.jpg.e007908b352275e57ba41072a1eb2ff9.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/12/2018 at 20:00, evo1 said:

Selection Boxes 70s-80s

Been as its Christmas and my two had a few selection boxes, they have become (like everything a rip) as the bar of chocolate are not even full size.  Not like the good old days.

156974751_selectionboxes1.thumb.jpg.e610d37756f784d4254a372c05c52fd2.jpg  33429453_selectionboxes2.jpg.1e0b3435a9701752eb308c9e2cdfb9df.jpg349600277_selectionboxes3.thumb.jpg.f7b2df17ae2a9b30d48344eb56064f58.jpg642175477_selectionboxes.thumb.jpg.e007908b352275e57ba41072a1eb2ff9.jpg

They don't make selection boxes like that nowadays, evo, as you say, they are a rip off now. I fondly remember those bags of Treets/Texan bars & Spangles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved Treets. But I remember them as chewy soft toffee/caramel in a crunchy shell.

In the USA they do M&M caramels which are very similar. I brought some large boxes back from Vegas. 

Treets came back briefly in the 90s. I remember getting some packs at Paddington Station. I think they were in a dark blue bag.

Dont remember Womble bars though. 

Edited by wearecity
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wearecity said:

I loved Treets. But I remember them as chewy soft toffee/caramel in a crunchy shell.

Yeah, that's how I remember them. I think those were also in a blue bag. I didn't know they came back briefly in the 90s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, wearecity said:

I loved Treets. But I remember them as chewy soft toffee/caramel in a crunchy shell.

In the USA they do M&M caramels which are very similar. I brought some large boxes back from Vegas. 

Treets came back briefly in the 90s. I remember getting some packs at Paddington Station. I think they were in a dark blue bag.

Dont remember Womble bars though. 

Can remember the yellow bags very well and yes, i think the closest to these peanut ones are the M&Ms.  As for the toffee ones just cant remember anything of them.:mess_33:

Treets.jpg.e7282e122b2ccd32f592bcccdc4d144f.jpgTreets2.thumb.jpg.a2f304a536f8dd8af490731195a8e57c.jpgTreets1.jpg.c1efea897fefa2039dc133d3d0278649.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...