DX'Cellent
Sign in to follow this  
Pook

Ten Up DX - BFM - Electro Mechanical

Another old Electro machine for you today in the form of Ten Up from BFM. Big thanks to @Wizard for the classic,

2140395961_TenUpDX_1.thumb.jpg.8f48ec0935cbefa4d6c247360e0fd72c.jpg

Ten Up DX
Released - November 2018
Author - Dave Pook
Manufacturer - Bellfruit
Stake - 5p
Jackpot - £1
Shortcuts...
0 - Enter 10p
9 - Enter 5p
8 - Enter 10p Token
7 - Enter 50p for change
1 - Hold/Nudge 1
2 - Hold/Nudge 2
3 - Hold/Nudge 3
Space - Start
Thanks to..
@Wizard - Classic
@Ploggy - Base art
@Player - Simulation project

Ten_Up_DX.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Awesome 4

9 hours ago, Richy1976 said:

Just like the real thing, like the way the mechs shut so cant put more coins in.

Yeah those little bars are quite effective, a little hint @Wizard gave me when I was making Super Nudge Gambler.

Great stuff, not had a lot of time for FME for a while, but just had to download and play this.

Probably my most memorable Electro fruit machine. My mums favourite machine and the last machine I probably have seen her play, particularly when we were at Butlins Bognor Regis. I look forward to showing her the layout.

Thanks to everyone involved in bringing us this.

• Like 1

WOW , thats a scary looking machine , its gorgeous pook , stephen king could haunt that :) ( watched christine other night ) , thank you very much , great stuff

• Like 1

Thank you so much, Pook. This machine was everywhere in the early 80's and was a large part of my childhood.

Another gorgeous looking layout. as usual - Thank you again 

• Like 1

Thanks for this, seen my of these Electro machines back in the day in the arcades with me dad, with grannys playing them after bingo. Really is nice to get to play these simple but part of history and great to see an artist, like yourself willing to do these type of machines. 

• Like 1

Awesome!!  Played this many times.  There was one in one of my local chip shops for a couple of years.  Is the rare super start feature built into this one?  I remember the first and only time I got it on the real machine, wondered what was going on when after the jackpot the start light flashing, pressed the start button and all quiet for a few seconds then another jackpot.

Excellent to see another elect5ro on the emulation scene, thanks to all involved.  I'm working the next couple of days but hopefully get a chance to have a crack at it Sunday or Monday evening. 

I'm sure this machine does not have nudge buttons? :)

Thanks once again for the layout.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richardpen said:

Awesome!!  Played this many times.  There was one in one of my local chip shops for a couple of years.  Is the rare super start feature built into this one?  I remember the first and only time I got it on the real machine, wondered what was going on when after the jackpot the start light flashing, pressed the start button and all quiet for a few seconds then another jackpot.

Excellent to see another elect5ro on the emulation scene, thanks to all involved.  I'm working the next couple of days but hopefully get a chance to have a crack at it Sunday or Monday evening. 

I'm sure this machine does not have nudge buttons? :)

Thanks once again for the layout.

Yes the Super Start should be working.

This is the last of the electros I have done, it takes a huge amount of work to enter all the connections from the schematic and make sure it all works.

Glad you like it 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

Yes the Super Start should be working.

This is the last of the electros I have done, it takes a huge amount of work to enter all the connections from the schematic and make sure it all works.

Glad you like it 🙂

So are all schematics unique like roms, or did similar machines share them? My point being is there potential to release more using existing bases?

add.jpg

1 hour ago, Pook said:

So are all schematics unique like roms, or did similar machines share them? My point being is there potential to release more using existing bases?

add.jpg

All machines tend to use similar circuitry, but will have additional parts to handle any specific game features.

There may be games that have identical circuitry ( Reglasses etc ) but without studying the schematics you can't be 100% sure.

As it stands currently, there is no option to save common parts to create a library etc as each part is named from the schematic and all the connections refer to these names.

The electro game code is far more complex than it might appear, and was probably the hardest "tech" to implement.

• Like 1

Played for a good hour on this.  Had forgotten this machine used strawberries. 

Yes the super start feature definately works, have had 2 already.  I do remember feeling a little cheated on this machine when you got 3 of a kind for 20p as if you had 2 of a kind you stood a chance of getting more than 20p.  I've not had melons or bell fruits yet.

Brilliant work, brings back memories.

Thanks once again.

16 hours ago, Wizard said:

All machines tend to use similar circuitry, but will have additional parts to handle any specific game features.

There may be games that have identical circuitry ( Reglasses etc ) but without studying the schematics you can't be 100% sure.

As it stands currently, there is no option to save common parts to create a library etc as each part is named from the schematic and all the connections refer to these names.

The electro game code is far more complex than it might appear, and was probably the hardest "tech" to implement.

Can I confirm, do we now have 3 electros (not including black box etc)?

Super Nudge Gambler, Hot Dog and Ten Up?  Am I missing any more?  I've given Hot Dog a few good bashes, have achieved a couple of £16 from £2 gambles and have had the hot dog feature once for £5.  I remember that machine well as it was in the bar of the place my dad worked.

I did wonder if you could get a 'Nudge Gambler' from the SNG as it is the same machine minus the 4th hold reel

button as on Nudge Gambler you could not hod the nudge reel.  I think that was pretty much the only difference apart from a different glass design.