Desert Island Retro

classic films,tv shows and cartoons

char042102

On 31/12/2018 at 17:29, swanyofrug said:

I absolutely love this short ghost story by Charles Dickens called the Signalman. I have liked it since I was a kid when I used to spend a lot of evenings with a Signalman in the local signal box. It's 36 minutes long but well worth a watch. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 

Watched this last night also. Yet another strange watch but good love these old sort of programs. not to long but play with the mind.  Cant stop thinking about that man in the phone i watch the other night.

On 30/12/2018 at 17:25, swanyofrug said:

I did a little digging and it wasn't French it was Spanish, and it wasn't called Telefon it was called La Cabina (the Telephone box). Yet again YouTube comes up trumps for the obscure!

That film was very horrific yet completely non-gory.

It's like a continued nightmare...

It's nothing like it - but when I first saw it, I thought of Brazil I don't know why and I always link the two together.

BTW - if you like Brazil, then this is the version to watch...

1.thumb.jpg.c07d46f2662eb9baa66552e90cfd9678.jpg

It's the Criterion version that needs to be watched ( Directors Cut ), not the TV version "Love Conquers All".

https://www.criterion.com/films/211-brazil

If you've not seen the film, don't google it, don't search for info, just try to get the Criterion / Directors cut version  ( 120+ minutes ).

2 hours ago, Reg said:

That film was very horrific yet completely non-gory.

It's like a continued nightmare...

It's nothing like it - but when I first saw it, I thought of Brazil I don't know why and I always link the two together.

BTW - if you like Brazil, then this is the version to watch...

1.thumb.jpg.c07d46f2662eb9baa66552e90cfd9678.jpg

It's the Criterion version that needs to be watched ( Directors Cut ), not the TV version "Love Conquers All".

https://www.criterion.com/films/211-brazil

If you've not seen the film, don't google it, don't search for info, just try to get the Criterion / Directors cut version  ( 120+ minutes ).

Will try and watch this at some point along with the 100+ things i have going on in my life ATM.  Its amazes me how much unseen quality content there is out there. 

Plus can we have this in this topic  please? just to keep things a bit tidy.  Sorry  OCD kicking in again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fatdad said:

Pictur

e Box - Creepy Schools Program Music

Thats a blast from the past, forgot about this, and yes if i remember rightly i think bbc 2 would show programs for schools up until 12 midday and the class would go to the television room to watch a program.

• Like 2

World In Action.

World in Action was a British investigative current affairs programme made by Granada Television for ITV from 7 January 1963 until 7 December 1998

Used to hate this when this came on as a kid as didn't understand what it was about. Things happening around the world but now looking back its was just reporting the shit that goes on today STILL around the world.

757849398_Worldinaction.jpg.e5ed86318414b987ee559551c29752cf.jpg

Edited by evo1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, evo1 said:

World In Action.

World in Action was a British investigative current affairs programme made by Granada Television for ITV from 7 January 1963 until 7 December 1998

Used to hate this when this came on as a kid as didn't understand what it was about. Things happening around the world but now looking back its was just reporting the shit that goes on today STILL around the world.

757849398_Worldinaction.jpg.e5ed86318414b987ee559551c29752cf.jpg

Yeah but as adults (sort of lmao) we pay more attention to this shit now lol