Desert Island Retro

classic films,tv shows and cartoons

char042102

1 hour ago, MrPillze said:

Loads of classics here , used to love this too,  the adventure gameshow

and friday the 13th the series was another favourite of mine, predictable but all the differant objects made for some decent episodes.

another thats just popped in the mind was this,  Box of delights

Think im going hunting for some things in this thread :D

the adventure game was a great show

Ok, so picture the scene, its Sunday afternoon, you've just had your Sunday roast and maybe a pudding if you were lucky and have settled down in front of the telly. You put on ITV (notice how I didn't say ITV1 as we only had 3 channels back then) and sit back to watch...

Absolutely awesome memories! (I love the funky bass guitar in this tune)

Edited by swanyofrug
  • Like 1

great choice of programs all,and we haven't even got to Black Adder or Only fools and Horses yet.

three for today Monkey Magic that was a fantastic series on bbc 2 , NoseyBonk from jigsaw which I think had Adrian from renta-ghost mentioned earlier and the Rockford Files , I used to love the theme music to that for some strange reason. that telephone just ringing at the start lol

Edited by char042102
just links got mixed up
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, char042102 said:

great choice of programs all,and we haven't even got to Black Adder or Only fools and Horses yet.

three for today Monkey Magic that was a fantastic series on bbc 2 , NoseyBonk from jigsaw which I think had Adrian from renta-ghost mentioned earlier and the Rockford Files , I used to love the theme music to that for some strange reason. that telephone just ringing at the start lol

Ya another great there monkey magic, and another one never understood what was going on when i was a kid🤨

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fatdad said:

funny how the simple things never leave you..i cant sit in a waiting room without shaking a potted plant and saying grunda grunda..lol

ya get sectioned for that dude :)  ,   remember pob ?

Edited by becks
  • Like 2

The days when mum and dad let you stay up late to watch these guys.

34066789_Thesweeney.jpg.b2ecc4370bb3691744a1f16c9cfa45ea.jpg1518330156_TheSweeney1.jpg.7183fa998079c637fd6537ece9dd94ce.jpg

We all know the theme!

And there was the car chases.  How ever the tyres never come of the rims.

Plus a 25min documentary on the show. Caution bad language

YOU'RE NICKED!

Edited by evo1

21 hours ago, evo1 said:

The days when mum and dad let you stay up late to watch these guys.

34066789_Thesweeney.jpg.b2ecc4370bb3691744a1f16c9cfa45ea.jpg1518330156_TheSweeney1.jpg.7183fa998079c637fd6537ece9dd94ce.jpg

We all know the theme!

And there was the car chases.  How ever the tyres never come of the rims.

Plus a 25min documentary on the show. Caution bad language

YOU'RE NICKED!

Big arsed Ford Granada first car I drove 3.0 ltr Ghia automatic the car equivalent of the twist and go scooter lol 2 pedals how easy it that just try not to hit anything the lad who owned it said to me but I was only 15 at the time 

2 hours ago, 1969kappa said:

Big arsed Ford Granada first car I drove 3.0 ltr Ghia automatic the car equivalent of the twist and go scooter lol 2 pedals how easy it that just try not to hit anything the lad who owned it said to me but I was only 15 at the time 

Big old fords classic cars, but my old man used to spend every other weekend at the scarp yard getting bits and pieces (and fill his pockets with fuses??? )for his ford cortina

Anyway nice to see that the granada in the show NHK 295M is under going restoration and is still alive and not scrapped.

Mid Beds Vehicle Restoration 

Wouldnt let me post link to the pictures page.

Edited by evo1

On 02/12/2018 at 20:11, becks said:

without looking it up , whats the next verse :) 

Defenders of The Earth. Defenders.
Out of the sky, his rockets ignite, jets into battle flying faster than light. Flash Gordon

Lord of the jungle, the hero who stalks!
The beasts call him brother, the ghost who walks!
Phantom!