Jump to content
Desert Island Retro
evo1

70s & 80s Electronic Toys

Recommended Posts

Grandstand Scramble, also known as Astro Command when originally released by Epoch.

2116960683_grandstandscramble.jpg.c5b43202d673827610d7eb23a1a43fe5.jpg

 

Also Tomytronic made a game of the same name but totally different.

1828411639_Tomytronicscramble.jpg.b4cc24a43b8654273a439d429d1d2749.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a look though one of my folders a found some catalogue pages from 1984 ish?

amstrad1984.thumb.jpg.e6e1828508de8809c1e6c8b7526cc95d.jpgatari1984.thumb.jpg.14ad3eb4e1ea840ad58e78100ddc515d.jpg

 

bandai1984.thumb.jpg.cf3dac6098d53e053ad0a2a94a8d539e.jpg

gamesfrom1984.jpg.97a1e9af236860865f65e9be7592205f.jpg

gamewatch1984.jpg.7f01fe749736b80580960e5e920ac645.jpg

grandstand1984.thumb.jpg.0f624ce16ff6e51fc388c54a29188b83.jpg

and i know this is not a toy but £175 for a cube!!! Back in 1983 WOW

tubecube1983.thumb.jpg.bce0111bc69a183dae8f28af854f2a7c.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my.   I would love that Romantic Robot Wafadrive unit.  I had one of those back on the day.  Also a Multiface One.    Envious of your collection, lovely stuff mate.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2018 at 18:24, fatdad said:

some of the stuff in my attic...what can you spot in the pictures...

also the black rubber thing is a rubber baton round fired by the police during rioting...lol

20181109_112516.jpg

20181109_112525.jpg

20181109_112528.jpg

20181109_112532.jpg

20181109_112558.jpg

20181109_112605.jpg

20181109_112608.jpg

20181109_112611.jpg

20181109_112622.jpg

20181109_112635.jpg

Do all the electronics work ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Galaxy Invader. All info from wiki.

Fire Away was the first Tandy game to hold the name. Released in 1981, Tandy licensed the game from the Japanese company Gakken who created and sold the game under the name Invader. The game was also licensed to Computer Games Limited (CGL) as Galaxy Invader.

1577613381_GalaxyInvader.jpg.50d77dc6248defd2603ccef5ac563ad1.jpg

Galaxy Invader.

 

The following year, in 1982, Tandy introduced the next Fire Away under the title Cosmic 1000 Fire Away. Like the first game, Tandy licensed it from Gakken who sold the game as Galaxy Invader 1000 while CGL also licensed the game, selling it under the same name as Gakken.

1738688824_Galaxyinvader1000.jpg.5218ce812fd6db03c75dc5d1cb458dfd.jpg

Galaxy Invader 1000

1984 saw the introduction of the Tandy Cosmic 3000 Fire Away game. Like the first two games, this was a licensed product from Gakken and thus it used the same basic styling as its fore bearers. Gakken marketed their game as Galaxy Invader 2000.

793124622_GalaxyInvader10000.jpg.90cf6696c505e25275af094b5ec84d61.jpg

Galaxy Invader 2000

 

Theres also an app on google play for the Galaxy Invader 1000 which is the better known of the two.

🙂

 

  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, fatdad said:

havnt switched most of them on in decades

wow I could spend days in there even weeks by the look of how much is in there lol can't believe you haven't meesed with them in years  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 1969kappa said:

wow I could spend days in there even weeks by the look of how much is in there lol can't believe you haven't meesed with them in years  

Sorry fellow there's a que on to get in there😉 I think am third in line?🤔

Edited by evo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, evo1 said:

Still lots more to go in here yet.😵

Since reg started this , half my mind is constantly thinking of the 1980s , could be new illness , retro-phrenic ? , walk around smiling , playing spectrum games in our heads ,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall owning a bad boy similar to this , got it at a scout jumble sale , but my mum never let me plug it in the tv , it disapeared after that , so did my bb gun ......

grandstand_3000_1s.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomytronic 3D

The Tomytronic is a series of portable, handheld devices released by Tomy The device featured a strap so the player would be able to wear it around his or her neck in between playing. The Tomytronic simulated 3D by having two Lcd panels that were lit by external light through a window on top of the device. Released in 1983, it was the first dedicated home video 3D hardware.

Tomytronic 3D Thundering Turbo

2092758264_Tomytronic3DThunderingTurbo.jpg.b3d27f01c57b19526e55116a6e0d9a69.jpg21035744_Tomytronic3DThunderingTurbo1.jpg.6fef3f4318ab3ea9853d784eb76e81fb.jpg

Tomytronic 3D Sky Attack

1453973495_Tomytronic3DSkyAttack.thumb.jpg.b2434ce012b95302bb0a966605143729.jpg1619568817_Tomytronic3DSkyAttack1.thumb.jpg.56a12626a2d3cd66a902ccd87e3faacc.jpg

 

Tomytronic 3D Planet Zeon

1689192781_Tomytronic3DPlanetZeon.thumb.jpg.3eda2108f2b7d25f7235c0e71a96dc16.jpg61977894_Tomytronic3DPlanetZeon1.jpg.fb07945f907198caeaab985d44f6e4ba.jpg

 

 

Tomytronic 3D Shark Attack

266900788_Tomytronic3DSharkAttack.jpg.e954ce4f70eaebeda0b10771296183f4.jpg575236869_Tomytronic3DSharkAttack1.jpg.28d0f57b1572a78aceabb53d89e640f1.jpg

 

Never had one always played on my mates Thundering Turbo.  Happy Days.

  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playschool Major Morgan 1979

131968738_MajorMorgan.jpg.d2fe26f7749a1993af0fc41f332d35b6.jpg452856145_MajorMorgan1.jpg.60ff5a4cdbbed395a634a962d120c257.jpg

James May takes the classic Major Morgan toy and put it to use with the help of an orchestra.

 

  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2018 at 20:35, evo1 said:

Grandstand Scramble, also known as Astro Command when originally released by Epoch.

2116960683_grandstandscramble.jpg.c5b43202d673827610d7eb23a1a43fe5.jpg

 

Also Tomytronic made a game of the same name but totally different.

1828411639_Tomytronicscramble.jpg.b4cc24a43b8654273a439d429d1d2749.jpg

 

 

Couldn't even play this one in the arcade for some reason a game I couldn't master on any format  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in 80's and 90's i used to play a handheld game, i only remember that there was a man on the boat and he dives into water to collect treasure. Now I am looking for it all over the net and dont know what was the exact name of that handheld game? can anyone help me find that one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/09/2019 at 23:22, Fozia said:

Back in 80's and 90's i used to play a handheld game, i only remember that there was a man on the boat and he dives into water to collect treasure. Now I am looking for it all over the net and dont know what was the exact name of that handheld game? can anyone help me find that one?

 

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You lot are just fanfuckingtastically awesome😍😎

Definitely the best post I have seen as of yet but did you have to make me feel like 10 years old again ffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2018 at 20:12, evo1 said:

Tomytronic 3D

The Tomytronic is a series of portable, handheld devices released by Tomy The device featured a strap so the player would be able to wear it around his or her neck in between playing. The Tomytronic simulated 3D by having two Lcd panels that were lit by external light through a window on top of the device. Released in 1983, it was the first dedicated home video 3D hardware.

Tomytronic 3D Thundering Turbo

2092758264_Tomytronic3DThunderingTurbo.jpg.b3d27f01c57b19526e55116a6e0d9a69.jpg21035744_Tomytronic3DThunderingTurbo1.jpg.6fef3f4318ab3ea9853d784eb76e81fb.jpg

Tomytronic 3D Sky Attack

1453973495_Tomytronic3DSkyAttack.thumb.jpg.b2434ce012b95302bb0a966605143729.jpg1619568817_Tomytronic3DSkyAttack1.thumb.jpg.56a12626a2d3cd66a902ccd87e3faacc.jpg

 

Tomytronic 3D Planet Zeon

1689192781_Tomytronic3DPlanetZeon.thumb.jpg.3eda2108f2b7d25f7235c0e71a96dc16.jpg61977894_Tomytronic3DPlanetZeon1.jpg.fb07945f907198caeaab985d44f6e4ba.jpg

 

 

Tomytronic 3D Shark Attack

266900788_Tomytronic3DSharkAttack.jpg.e954ce4f70eaebeda0b10771296183f4.jpg575236869_Tomytronic3DSharkAttack1.jpg.28d0f57b1572a78aceabb53d89e640f1.jpg

 

Never had one always played on my mates Thundering Turbo.  Happy Days.

Shit. I had shark attack around 87-88. Them bloody sharks don’t half move fast at the higher levels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grandstand BMX Flyer takes pride of place in my small collection of old electronic toys.

See the attachments below for my flash .swf file which is a piece of work to re-create the game in flash. (use cursor keys for the controls)

The .swf file should open in IE, it works OK on mine, but opens up in the old desktop version of IE.

This will bring back some memories for any of you who had this game.

Grandstand-BMXFlyerBoxFront.jpg

61c3_1.jpg

Grandstand-BMXFlyerBoxBack.jpg

BMXFlyer.swf Grandstand-BMXFlyer.pdf

Edited by Mort
wording.
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...