Desert Island Retro

Maze Death Rally-X

Reg

hey thanks Reg,I do remember this game from the arcade I thought it was a bally midway game but i just looked and it was from namco.The spectrum version looks like quite a good representation of the original arcade version so hats of to that.cheers for the remake link I will download that. I'm sure i remember in this game you could leave a dust cloud to send the other racers away or in a spin or something so i looked and found this ,turns out my memory served me well lol.18620_uy37ky9ek2uerdnwxpwy.jpg.f0216088f75a7b54552b40fc380c4dc2.jpg

check this for the ps3  a bit of a pacman rally-x hybrid lol

PAC-MAN™ Championship Edition DX+ Rally-X Skin (English/Chinese/Japanese Ver.)

https://store.playstation.com/en-hk/product/HP0700-NPHB00237_00-DLC0SKN00000RLX0

275212698_PAC-MANChampionshipEditionDXRally-XSkin.thumb.jpg.4be597ef810f037b0034f187d7db3733.jpg

• Like 1

Makes me want to dig the PS3 out - lol ! :D

There is another version of this as well called Rally X Rumble, it was on the iPhone one - however long gone I think when Apple purged all 32bit applications. :(

Oh - and here is a little video of Maze Death Rally-X.

• Like 1

I wonder if they could do the same with rally x as they did with pacman on the spectrum? I know they have a full emulated version of pacman running on a spectrum 128 using original pacman roms and as rally X also uses a z80 with the same sound chip it might be possible.

Namco produced the game in Japan but Midway released it in North America and thats where the confusion sets in, Pacman was the same

8 hours ago, Gary said:

I wonder if they could do the same with rally x as they did with pacman on the spectrum? I know they have a full emulated version of pacman running on a spectrum 128 using original pacman roms and as rally X also uses a z80 with the same sound chip it might be possible.

Namco produced the game in Japan but Midway released it in North America and thats where the confusion sets in, Pacman was the same

I had a look at that the other week - it looks like it's Github code to only do Puckman ( original name ) so I don't think it'll transfer.  It would be good, as I'd be wanting to do Phoenix where you had that big ship at the end.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/11/2018 at 19:51, Reg said:

If you like Rally X, and I do...

how could I forgot about this one Reg, I think you'll really like it

its  on the Namco Classic Collection Vol. 2   mame rom    (ncv2) and has the original and this much improved arrangement mode like above it's awesome it is.       also got digdug arrangement on there too which is equally fabulous.

NamcoClassic2-title.png.47c22b9bd4134dbf944d9c621110b6b8.png     n4.gif.83c81babcd33a3107cec899ad78d3df7.gif

there is also Namco Classic Collection Vol. 1 mame rom (ncv1) which has original and arrangement modes for  Galaga ,  Xevious

and Mappy