Desert Island Retro

Games that would never be made Today !

Reg

We now live in such a world where we are so politically correct that it just highlights the need for the old days and perhaps why retro is so fondly looked back on.

What official games do you recall on the old platforms that would likely never be made today ?

I'll start with this one - due to the way babies can be killed... ...or murdered if you used to pick them up and put them by items of distress.  Obviously the objective was to save them...

Mad_Nurse_cover.jpg.218fe3b70b579be97d04bd9a86ee6e26.jpg

• Like 1

I remember Super Trolley, not that I owned it, I think.

There is possibly a video of the program somewhere on the net I guess. But the story behind it, is a kid wrote in, saying they wanted to write and publish a game (or words to that affect) and naturally Jim fixed it for them.

I owned Mad Nurse, it was one of many crappy £1.99 titles and play them for less than 30 minutes.

4 hours ago, wearecity said:

I remember Super Trolley, not that I owned it, I think.

There is possibly a video of the program somewhere on the net I guess. But the story behind it, is a kid wrote in, saying they wanted to write and publish a game (or words to that affect) and naturally Jim fixed it for them.

I owned Mad Nurse, it was one of many crappy £1.99 titles and play them for less than 30 minutes.

https://archive.org/details/d64_Super_Trolley_1988_Mastertronic

use cursor keys but don't understand the game.

How about New York Blitz where you control a plane over the Manhattan skyline and you have to bomb the skyscrapers so you can land your plane and if you don't you end up flying your plane into the side of one of the skyscrapers. Im sure the building on the cover looks like the World Trade Centre

new_york_blitz.jpg.dbd0de123f697c8fbdc6fb13c6c3587b.jpg

Very eagled eyed, yes !

I had to search - this game is also available on eBay at the moment.  That is absoluetly one of the two towers there.

How on earth did you remember this one !  Esp as it's on a Vic20 and I think they must have only sold about 3 of those in the UK.

3 hours ago, Reg said:

Very eagled eyed, yes !

I had to search - this game is also available on eBay at the moment.  That is absoluetly one of the two towers there.

How on earth did you remember this one !  Esp as it's on a Vic20 and I think they must have only sold about 3 of those in the UK.

I can remember getting Ground Force Zero as a Christmas present one year, similar game and absolute dross... 

Not Retired from FME June 2022

14 hours ago, Reg said:

Very eagled eyed, yes !

The Vic was my first computer and I think I had pretty much everything that came out on it by the time I upgraded to the C64. Commodore had their own version which was just called Blitz or Super Blitz on the C64 which had the added bonus of King Kong would appear on top of some of the buildings at random

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Getaway 2002

950547180_TheGetaway.jpg.ae1314a0abe0fee403a73b253ff03d8b.jpg1948252540_TheGetaway1.thumb.jpg.5511edc5627159b058f6fdce8a38db9d.jpg

Great game this and the graphics was good but it involved you driving around the streets over London in a sort of open world and across Westminster bridge run people over.

i think in today's world gone mad that possibly there would be parts of London that would not be placed in the game.  Although would love to see Getaway 3.