DX'Cellent
Sign in to follow this  
Pook

That's all folks!

My re-release campaign has drawn to a close, I've updated and re-released the ones of a quality that I'm happy to be available on this site. The remainder fall into various categories...

• The not quites - A number of machines that I like but were not of a quality I was happy to re-release. Some have been done by other designers since my old version so wouldn't benefit from a re-release. Some I really like and plan to re-create from the ground up. Off the top of my head Loads-a-Money, Luxor, LTGTR & What's On spring to mind, but I'm sure there's more.
  • The JPeMu years - I released a large number of DX's for JPeMu back in the day, my style has shifted significantly since then, the vertical coloured cabs will not be seen again. A few in my new style have been converted like Red Alert, Super Breakout & Firecracker. There are some JPM/Crystal titles I enjoy so I might re-create, again if they've not been done elsewhere.
  • The rest - Probably my first couple of years of DXs are best left to the dark recesses of my hard drive and never spoken of again.

I you believe I've missed a title that should've been a re-release then please let me know.

Edited by Pook
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Awesome 2

@Pook thank you for all your great work on these re-releases - it's been a hell of a look back at what you've done over the years and absolutely excellent to see you work through these bit by bit.

It's designers like you that really impact people that play layouts and when I look at my MFME cabinet, it has so many of your re-releases all over it.

I don't say thank you as much as I should for layout - I do try not to jump onto every thread as owner of this domain, it's for others to be doing - I just build the platform and allow the members to thrive and do their magic.

You are a hosted site here as well and it goes without saying, I have always been thankful for what you do and bring to this site.

However you've come to the end of your re-releases and in one post to capture the few thanks and replies that I have done...

...thank you so much for all you've done for the scene with layouts - not just recently but throughout the years.  Aside from the excellent emulation that @Wizard gives us - it engine needs fuel of which the currency is layouts.  You've give so much fuel into the engine and for that, thank you very much for all you do, all you've done and anything you may consider doing in the future.

• Like 4

Thanks for all your hard work pook,

over the years you have stayed away from the drama etc and just continued to produce better and better layouts, im sure all your layouts take pride of place in all collections and you should be proud.

once again thanks :)

• Like 2

Not easy to say it all.  Many many thanks for your efforts past and present, all amazing layouts 'all killa no filla' so to speak.  On my journey of doing the dats I get to load each and every one and it's mighty cool to load the re-releases over their past counterparts.  All great improvements and we are all lucky to have been part of the Dx'Cellent journey, thanks again and keep doing what you are great at!

• Like 2

Thank you for all your work you have given me many many many hours of fun playing some of my old fav's and a lot I've never played 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pook said:

My re-release campaign has drawn to a close, I've updated and re-released the ones of a quality that I'm happy to be available on this site. The remainder fall into various categories...

• The not quites - A number of machines that I like but were not of a quality I was happy to re-release. Some have been done by other designers since my old version so wouldn't benefit from a re-release. Some I really like and plan to re-create from the ground up. Off the top of my head Loads-a-Money, Luxor, LTGTR & What's On spring to mind, but I'm sure there's more.
  • The JPeMu years - I released a large number of DX's for JPeMu back in the day, my style has shifted significantly since then, the vertical coloured cabs will not be seen again. A few in my new style have been converted like Red Alert, Super Breakout & Firecracker. There are some JPM/Crystal titles I enjoy so I might re-create, again if they've not been done elsewhere.
  • The rest - Probably my first couple of years of DXs are best left to the dark recesses of my hard drive and never spoken of again.

I you believe I've missed a title that should've been a re-release then please let me know.

So what now my good man ?

A sorry day for the community here 😑,your layouts are dx'cellent mate (pardon the pun) but many many thanks for all you have graphically achieved and given to the community,i'm very sure you shall be sadly missed.

Thankyou

2 minutes ago, bungle said:

A sorry day for the community here 😑,your layouts are dx'cellent mate (pardon the pun) but many many thanks for all you have graphically achieved and given to the community,i'm very sure you shall be sadly missed.

Thankyou

No ! No !

He is not leaving !!!

He's just caught up !

:SURLEQ:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, bungle said:

Thankyou

Perhaps the title thread was a tad misleading, I've not been put out to pasture just yet :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Reg said:

No ! No !

He is not leaving !!!

He's just caught up !

:SURLEQ:

Thankyou

FFS why do i always get the wrong end of the stick :) well thats great to hear :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Pook said:

Perhaps the title thread was a tad misleading, I've not been put out to pasture just yet :D

very glad to hear that pook and long may you continue popping out all them great releases :D

Ya a quick thank you Pook for your re-leases here, top quality work as always. Still got loads to download yet. Also still got all your original work from when i first found yourself and the FME scene, so although you may not be doing some of your other work as you say the quality isnt that good i still enjoy playing them.

Cheers Pook look forward to the future.  

• Like 1

Thank you Dave for all the release updates that you have done. Can't wait for the new fantastic layouts to play on.

• Like 1

As said by others you've done some, no lots!! of  cracking layouts over the years, ones I play time and time again. Thanks for all you've given to the scene and here's to many more great releases from yourself in the future.

• Like 1

Well done on getting all those layouts updated for MFME6.1, mate.  With the amount of layouts you've done since the beginning it must have been a massive undertaking., time-wise  Look forward to seeing what new machines you've got in store. :)

• Like 1

thank you very very much Dave for all the time and effort you've given

in producing a huge array of stunning Dx's over many many years

and for all the awesome updates you've recently undertaken.

36 minutes ago, Ploggy said:

Well done on getting all those layouts updated for MFME6.1, mate.  With the amount of layouts you've done since the beginning it must have been a massive undertaking., time-wise  Look forward to seeing what new machines you've got in store. :)

And thankyou for your continued support when I get stuck on a technical issue :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Reg said:

@Pook thank you for all your great work on these re-releases - it's been a hell of a look back at what you've done over the years and absolutely excellent to see you work through these bit by bit.

It's designers like you that really impact people that play layouts and when I look at my MFME cabinet, it has so many of your re-releases all over it.

I don't say thank you as much as I should for layout - I do try not to jump onto every thread as owner of this domain, it's for others to be doing - I just build the platform and allow the members to thrive and do their magic.

You are a hosted site here as well and it goes without saying, I have always been thankful for what you do and bring to this site.

However you've come to the end of your re-releases and in one post to capture the few thanks and replies that I have done...

...thank you so much for all you've done for the scene with layouts - not just recently but throughout the years.  Aside from the excellent emulation that @Wizard gives us - it engine needs fuel of which the currency is layouts.  You've give so much fuel into the engine and for that, thank you very much for all you do, all you've done and anything you may consider doing in the future.

You know what @Reg, if I didn't have a spangly new platform to upload all of my work we wouldn't be where we are now. so thank YOU.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pook said:

And thankyou for your continued support when I get stuck on a technical issue :)

No bother.  Only too glad to help. :)

• Like 1

Keep up the great great work Dave, the re releases are of A++ quality and have been outstanding to play on mate :) i look forward to the next chapter of the pook story mate!!! 

Many thanks once again.

• Like 1