.dat not supported

FRK

Hi Guys

I have my original files from years ago which I wanted to use now on MFME (including jpm), I thought if I used 6.1 it would work but all I get is this
"Layout format .dat no longer supported. Resave layout in MFME 5.1 to covert"

This brings up a couple of question.

1: Is it easier to just download them again (I have about 60+ I have identified will not work)

2: How do I convert?  (had a look but it was not obvious)

3: Find somewhere I can download everything again (as my files are a bit old)

4: Will MFME play JPM and Bellfruits (or as usual have I just misunderstood the different emulators)

Some work and some don't and its annoying. I just want them all to work....

Thanks

FRK 

Hi There,

1. Generally I would say load and save them - but a lot of the designers have actually updated the layouts to use the latest features of the emulator.

2. To convert you need a copy of MFME 5.1 and you will need to resave the layout in the new format that is the .FML file.  I converted all of mine and I think this site only has 6.1 on it ATM.

3. We are all over the place...  ...start with the Downloads here, for the top bar go to Browse / Downloads for my releases and this area Layout Releases ( not by Reg ).  Then go to DX'Cellent and DADs.  Finally take a trip to Fruit-Emu and The Mecca.

Between all these places with different content, you'll get everything.

4. MFME will play pretty much everything and so much more then the older legacy unsupported and not developed emulators.

Hope this helps.

Humm...

Been doing some poking around my collection and realise in my MFME collection is 1500+ and the few I tried did not work with 6.1..

SO..... Unless there is a torrent with them all in I will have to use 5.1.... But as usual I can't find a copy, can someone share a link please :)

Thanks

Mike

FRK

22 minutes ago, FRK said:

Humm...

Been doing some poking around my collection and realise in my MFME collection is 1500+ and the few I tried did not work with 6.1..

SO..... Unless there is a torrent with them all in I will have to use 5.1.... But as usual I can't find a copy, can someone share a link please :)

Thanks

Mike

FRK

https://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/files/file/3847-mfme-v51/

• Like 1

just to add you mention will mfme play jpm/bfm it does but not ones from the bfmemulator and jpemulator most of these have been re made for mfme. 

All layouts release pre november 2016 will need converting to the new fml'file also a fair few layouts from that era will throw up errors

read this topic via fruit-emu for more details

https://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/topic/52784-layout-diy-fixes/?hl=%2Blayout+%2Bfixes

by the time you've got used to this mfme6.2 will be out lol

8 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

just to add you mention will mfme play jpm/bfm it does but not ones from the bfmemulator and jpemulator most of these have been re made for mfme. 

All layouts release pre november 2016 will need converting to the new fml'file also a fair few layouts from that era will throw up errors

read this topic via fruit-emu for more details

https://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/topic/52784-layout-diy-fixes/?hl=%2Blayout+%2Bfixes

by the time you've got used to this mfme6.2 will be out lol

looking more and more like I need to re-download this collection... with different specs this will almost be 2000+.... must be an easy way ...
I looked on my usual haunts and found a 2015 download @ 18GB which was great as an update, but to realise that this is now out of date is a right pisser...

Sad face...

MOVING ON....

Found a V5

Loaded the games I wanted

Moved roms to same dir, to make it work

Screen @ 1024 (i'm 1440) cuts off the bottom of the fruiter

Humm... Looking more and more like I should download the newer layouts

BUT..... I am the sort of guy that has to have ALL the games, not just some...

What am I to do....?????

Pm geddy via one of these sites failing that you could donate on various sites to increase your download limits.

Failing that load every game you have and resave to the FML format, I had 1500 games and like others I had to go through every game to resave only took a week lol.

But with the newer mfmes like a,e said there's a shrink to fit option from mfme 5 that allows ALL previous mfme layouts to fit laptops like 3.2 did.

There's a load of new goodies in mfme6 too.

Thanks guys for the info.... Have a OK collection running 5.1, with the others I would like to play still in JPM format.. I had Deal or no Deal but can't find it in my collection.. sure I saw it earlier.

But my next question..

On the Game Manager on 5.1 how do I reset the games played etc and how do I change the payout % ???

Thanks

Mike

24 minutes ago, FRK said:

On the Game Manager on 5.1 how do I reset the games played etc and how do I change the payout % ???

any news on this ??

Moved on to 6.1 and took a hit on how many fruiters are working.... all good..

After taking advice from Richy1976 the played values are held in the .gam file but other than changing each one I can see no obvious way of resetting them all either in batch or individually.

@wizard seems to be the man who can put this to bed for me as I would like to have my own values and not the ones coming with the layouts and.gam files...

Thanks in advance :)

Mike

FRK

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, rabiddreams said:

Any chance you could share where you found the V5? Got an older layout I'd like to play with some of the 6.1 goodies and I get the feeling it won't see it (it was last updated in 2006...).

You can get MFME v5 and v5.1 from The Mecca, in the release threads for the emulator.

https://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/index.php?/forum/31-mfme-development/

From v6.1 onwards, they are hosted on Desertislandfruits.

Edited by wearecity
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wearecity said:

You can get MFME v5 and v5.1 from The Mecca, in the release threads for the emulator.

https://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/index.php?/forum/31-mfme-development/

From v6.1 onwards, they are hosted on Desertislandfruits.

Now to actually play some Andy's big time.

Edited by rabiddreams
  • Like 1