Collected some Amber stuff

becks

Hi Hi , Ive read quite a bit about Amber , so much controversy . Honestly ive spent hours reading the old skool banter , ive now changed my favorite fme hero because one fella made me lol , I imagined he was punching a kitten while typing some of those messages :)  . Back to the point , got a good folder on amber now , curious if I missed any final versions , I got  Amber 2 Release Alpha 1.02 , and a few 2 part layouts , is that right , 

I have no idea on Amber, but if you ever find the MPU4 Mythical Sound Tool give us all a shout.

in North Korea, Kim Jong-un has found a Unicorn Den and this sound tool that was being promised to a member is now several full moons late.

I believe it was last seen on a Mac-Book Ultra running on the server farm in the data centre underneath the unicorn den.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/11/30/north-korea-says-its-found-a-unicorn-lair%3fcontext=amp

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Geddy said:

This one?

MPU Sound Tool.zip  0

OMG !

Guitar was building one for Uptown over at Fruit-Emu, said it could be done over a weekend etc and it never turned up which was really disapointing for a member that was hoping on it.  It was Uptown. 

This is wonderful - I am going to link him to this thread.

If Uptown does not have it - he'll be so bloody pleased.

Thank you Geddy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geddy said:

This one?

MPU Sound Tool.zip  4

That is brilliant! Thanks for posting it.

2 hours ago, Reg said:

OMG !

Guitar was building one for Uptown over at Fruit-Emu, said it could be done over a weekend etc and it never turned up which was really disapointing for a member that was hoping on it.  It was Uptown. 

This is wonderful - I am going to link him to this thread.

If Uptown does not have it - he'll be so bloody pleased.

Thank you Geddy.

Thanks Reg for remembering me!!! It's been a while since Guitar promised to make one.

Unfortunately I'm getting "Access violation at address 0047957D in module 'mpusnded.exe'. Read of address 02CD5D4F" error when I try and open the sound P1 or P2 file with it?

I've tried setting it to run in Compatibility Mode and also to run as administrator but to no avail??

Anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again for this. I hope I'll be able to get it working :)

Still having problems with this... I've tried every file in my Andy Capp folder and the only one that doesn't give me an "access violation error" is the main .gam file.

This file seems to just close the program?

I am sure that I'm being an idiot here but has anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong?

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

As I mentioned above, this is not a new file, it's 16 years old!
I've never used it before but I doubt it's suitable for your purposes tbh.

Yep, you're probably right. It'll will be a compatibility issue. I'll take the program to work as I've got an old laptop that should be able to run it.