Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wearecity

WIP - Stir Crazy

Recommended Posts

A quick 10 minute, looks to see if it works ok, has turned into a WIP.

It's going to be at least £8 20p play. 

Possibly going to be the first machine to incorporate the flip card reel.

Stircrazy_2.jpg

Edited by wearecity
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An update just to say it will be £15 30p play, with sound. 

It's fully functioning, but if anyone has any pics or vids of the style of card used it will help.

This doesn't just use regular cards like a pack of playing cards, so will need to be knocked up from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wearecity said:

An update just to say it will be £15 30p play, with sound. 

It's fully functioning, but if anyone has any pics or vids of the style of card used it will help.

This doesn't just use regular cards like a pack of playing cards, so will need to be knocked up from scratch.

The Card unit has 72 positions and is set to 432 half steps in properties

If this uses a similar style of cards as Wet'n'Wild here is a list:

Cards1.thumb.JPG.2d40be82e58f1c1d4d6bf704ec0ba4fc.JPG

Cards2.JPG

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Wizard said:

The Card unit has 72 positions and is set to 432 half steps in properties

If this uses a similar style of cards as Wet'n'Wild here is a list:

Cards1.thumb.JPG.2d40be82e58f1c1d4d6bf704ec0ba4fc.JPG

Cards2.JPG

Thanks for this.

Thankfully the alpha during test, mention what's on each step position. For instance number 6 pol 3, or number 7 ply 4, meaning 6 with a police move 3. Or 7 with a player move 4.

Some cards just have a number on them. 

When playing on the bottom board, it just spins in the number only cards. 

When on the top board, it gives you only cards which have a number and a move. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to having a play on this. Does this mean you have to make 70 graphics for the reel? If so that's got to be a record for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tommy c said:

Really looking forward to having a play on this. Does this mean you have to make 70 graphics for the reel? If so that's got to be a record for sure. 

Haha. If I had to choose my worse subject in school it would be art. I can't even draw a matchman properly, so don't expect spectacular redraws. 

I'm also going to try to work out how to get the cards displaying half and half etc. 

I'm thinking of using the playing cards from jiggery pokery for the number only cards.  Then squashing /resizing them, for the top half of cards with a number and police/player move on them. The move part will probably be just text like Police move 5, Player move 4 in appropriate colours

There are other cards with strp and a move on them, it'll probably be a thick straight line (assuming strp means strip), plus the above text. Or half a back of playing card from jiggery and text.

Even if the move cards don't look great, it will still work fine and hopefully someone will have a go at a dx and produce better cards. 

I've 3, 12 hour work shifts coming up and then working all next week. So it'll be a while yet anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much the reels to sort now.

Bottom reels won't be too much problem, although, do we have a Mazooma Bell symbol available. If not I'll need to use a Bell Fruit one, currently using a melon instead of a bell.

The card flip reel will take some time to complete, because I need to create most of the cards in whatever paint program I find easiest to use.

Stircrazy_6.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...