A4 DIF Advert - Crash 2019

Reg

Sorry for the slightly off topic and just in case anyone hasn't seen it but,Codemasters possibly one of the greatest game programmers of the speccy years. brings back some memories. Remember seen the oliver twins back in the day in a magazine doing an interview and at the time they was just kids. Its funny how we tend to forget that its not just us getting old to.

Edited by evo1
  • Like 2

Was going to mention them as well, as Retro Gamer have a feature on Codemasters simulation games.

They have a little boxed, write up about fruit machine simulator. Amongst other things they say one of the Amstrad magazines gave it 0%, because they didn't see the point in simulating a fruit machine,  because no money could ever be staked or won.

If people, get a chance in a newsagents, flick through a copy and quickly read up about it. Or better still buy Retro Gamer, as it's a great mag.

ad is coming along very nicely Reg,I'm sure it will attract a lot of traffic this way.It worked for me way back .

check out

PC_Zone_Issue_107_2001-10_Dennis_Publishing_GB_0024.thumb.jpg.a1226fc7b6d73b5255900b3a54c90ae3.jpg

I'll never forget when I saw this one in PC Zone - Issue 107 (2001-10) .  had to go to a internet cafe,remember them lol and download from degsy's hovel,god it took a while on those 56kb modems but when i got home with the burned cd and fired up andy capp classic and viva espana dx , with the sounds,well it just took me to another world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy c said:

Ah the good old viva espana d. x. s I played when I first joined.

...and here it is again.

This one was a milestone in terms of the first ever DX, I always kept it updated as MFME went along as obviously the first version would never work now.

Viva.rar

Regarding that article, here is a lot of Steve's original classics as well...

...oh and updated advert taking onboard more of the comments - this is looking like we're getting there.

wip.thumb.png.b1d919f8cd55cefac2dec5a94a381d5e.png

Still need to attach the lastest image and 300 dpi etc - but as a concept - it feels close.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Reg said:

...and here it is again.

This one was a milestone in terms of the first ever DX, I always kept it updated as MFME went along as obviously the first version would never work now.

Viva.rar  1

Regarding that article, here is a lot of Steve's original classics as well...

...oh and updated advert taking onboard more of the comments - this is looking like we're getting there.

wip.thumb.png.b1d919f8cd55cefac2dec5a94a381d5e.png

Still need to attach the lastest image and 300 dpi etc - but as a concept - it feels close.

Thank you Reg for taking on board comments it really does look better now with that pound sign symbol gone,as that MFME sign looks a lot better ,as with any product it as a main symbol (global branding) and wanted to get peoples attention towards that so in future people see that somewhere and know what it is. (Same as that windows logo everyone knows its windows).

Its also a nice touch that you have put site supporters name there,something i feel quite proud of. It may sound silly but its these little things in life,once in a while that put a smile on my face.

At the end of the day this is YOUR dream to have this placed in Crash. So Thank You.

Stuart Campbell was a regular in the FME scene back then, he went by the name "Nick Special" if I recall.

He got a bit heated on a few subjects and he also released a fair few early DXs (in the table cloth style!)

He is a game journalist, having had a history in Amiga magazines etc, so he had the relevant contacts and access to get that article published.

It was really good to see FME getting the publicity like that, and I also hope Reg's article brings in more people who would love the nostalgia that we get from the emulator.

Article looking really good btw AND thank god we didn't chose Line Up !!

Edited by Mort
  • Like 1

On 14/09/2018 at 12:49, A:E said:

Also Reg, not being picky

You might want to move all content 2cm in all way round basically a 2cm border, if not when printed content will be so close to border edges.  

J

Afternoon - just literally passing through as got about 10 mins or so.

If I send you the file tonight / tomorrow when I get in - would you be good enough to prep it as much as possible for what would be needed to be passed over when the time is ready ?

You have experience and knowlege about this kind of thing that I just do not - in terms of what will come out best ?

Many thanks if you can help.

Looks great.

Some things to consider.

Wording repeats or very samey at the top. We have, for free and zero cost under Imagine. Then under Emulation it says zero cost again. 

Under Imagine should "using actual" be there at the end or not. Or should it say something like using actual real machine software. 

Under Emulation, there is a full stop instead of a space between the words emulator and fruit.

Overall love the design though. 

17 hours ago, wearecity said:

Looks great.

Some things to consider.

Wording repeats or very samey at the top. We have, for free and zero cost under Imagine. Then under Emulation it says zero cost again. 

Under Imagine should "using actual" be there at the end or not. Or should it say something like using actual real machine software. 

Under Emulation, there is a full stop instead of a space between the words emulator and fruit.

Overall love the design though. 

Fixed most the call outs - we are back with the text that evolved before @A:E did his magic.  Note that I probably sent down a slightly older one, so that changes were not fully across from this thread.

Please see lastest.  I think we are there...

AdvertV5.thumb.jpg.a4c88c4fa3030a99c791a398c540de34.jpg

• Awesome 1

So good news - they need the advert ASAP so I am going to get it off this weekend.

Note that this means the site supporter block will be locked in.  So Friday night is the last chance to get yourself in that.

IF you want to remove or change your name on that box to something else, PM me.  Will respond when back in the UK but Friday is the last day of change.

Also any comments on content, again Friday is the last day.

I will leave this with you all now.  Thank you for your support on this.