Sign in to follow this  
A:E

HAPPY DAYS - PROJECT COIN - WIP _ OLD/NEW

Started doing some work on an old WIP I have been working on for a very long time.

J

happydaysnew.png

• Like 3

As ever looking forward to another cracking DX from yourself. 

A machine I can't ever remember seeing let alone playing, but for some reason I reckon I have. 

It's a clone of Project Coin Bullseye.  It really is a shame we don't have an early set of roms.  This runs the 'New Exciting' version which fixed the emptier, but they also fixed the 'skill shot' playing method, so they totally gutted the decent gameplay that even the latest £6 token version of Bullseye had retained.  Shame as I liked to see this version in the wild, not as many around compared to Bullseye, which was literally everywhere.  I think nearly every pub in my town had a Bullseye at some point, very popular machine. 

J

Hopefully this won't be a long project....   the base artwork wasn't the best, the machine was so dusty, this was created from a couple of weird angled (I mean weird) pics taken by Guitar, obviously massive thanks to Dave for allowing the pics to be taken in the first place, this was a good few years back now.

If anyone want the original pics, let me know I can upload them no problem.

happywip.png

• Like 1

Did a lot of photoshop work on this yesterday, redone a lot of bits in the process, tried to get the feature board looking like it's behind glass, it has been a pain but it's definitely getting there.  Hope to get this released in 2 weeks time.

J

happydayswip.png

• Like 3

Can't wait to play this. 

Really niggling me as to whether I played it before. 

Perhaps a spin or two will bring the memories flooding back. 

This is basically a clone of Bullseye, there is a classic layout available.   It was a more direct clone until they released a software update....  'New Exciting'  Happy Days.   Still playable but it's fairly tight in how you can play the machine compared to Bullseye.   I would love some super hi-res images of the 20p play Bullseye, so many great memories of playing those, you could literally play these everywhere in my town.   :)

J

Edited by A:E

Going through some old forum threads and stumbled upon this picture of this machine from fruitsim over at The Mecca.

1332.jpg

Edited by wearecity

Remember that pic, they designed it over a pint if I recall the thread correctly 😊

Not been doing any mfme layout dev last couple of weeks, will get back on it soon, want to get this finished as soon as I can.

J

Still having problems ID'ing the hidden lamps on the ? section of the game board.  If anyone can shed any light on the ones I have missing that would be a great help.

Cheers

J

happydays.png

OK, got some time to get this finished off.  It's all in mfme and lamps mostly, just got to sort buttons, hidden lamps, used reels from my Bullseye layout so not a great deal to do to them.  Hoping to get this released within the week.

J

happydayswip.png

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3

All my mfme projects are currently on hold atm unfortunately, my work life is a little busier now, some of my projects may never be finished as a result.  Hoping to get all my wips released at some point though.

J

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Glad you are still around. Hope life is treating you well ?

Don't worry about releasing WIPs etc. you have already provided us with some amazing DX's and I hope you do find time again in the future but real life always must take priority.

I was playing your Great Escape the other day, I still go back to it often, great DX and I always choose the original dark edition :D

It's not that dark now compared to other layouts ;)

Yes I'm decent mate, hope you are ok fella ;)

J

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:40, A:E said:

Remember that pic, they designed it over a pint if I recall the thread correctly 😊

Couldn't imagine coming up with great ideas any other way🍻

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this