Sign in to follow this  
Tommy c

Roller Coaster Dx

Here's an update to my roller coaster layout i did a few years ago,In this update are masked images to support the super bright lamps feature wizard has implemented added blended lamps to where they needed be,added coin in/out sounds corrected some minor lamp errors,set the meters correct to tally with the book keeping etc and updated the alpha display, thanks to the people who made the original possible,all short cuts are as usual, This is an early revision so the bank limit kicks out at £30,pays a hell of a lot of token wins out which is great,

USE MFME 6.1 ONLY THANKS.

Roller_Coaster_1600DX_V1.1.zip

final.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Awesome 1

One of the greatest impact releases ever - freaked the hell out of me in the wild when the lights flashed super bright behind the glass on the feature!

Thanks for this, a classic JPM from their best period IMO.

Some places used to have 3 or 4 of these. I'd say I wish I knew about the numbering means ready to pay method, but then where I played, the sharks probably would have still left them on their arse, before I had a chance.

I'd forgotten about the super bright lamps on these and other machines, until it was mentioned a week or so ago. Nice to see @Wizard implementing them into the emulator and the first layout to be updated have implement them.

• Like 1

Actually the second layout, they are implemented in my latest Big Banker update :)

Though they will work on all previous layouts but may look a bit overbearing without a little tweaking

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Wizard said:

Actually the second layout, they are implemented in my latest Big Banker update :)

Ah ok, as the youngsters say nowadays, my bad.

I took your comment "The lamps really need to be masked properly for the effect to work", to mean that perhaps you hadn't considered it to be a full implementation of them for Big Banker. :S:)

Just now, wearecity said:

Ah ok, as the youngsters say nowadays, my bad.

I took your comment "The lamps really need to be masked properly for the effect to work", to mean that perhaps you hadn't considered it to be a full implementation of them for Big Banker. :S:)

That comment applied to the other layouts, I edited the lamps in Big Banker to suit.

The HTS Monopoly 60 DX layout you mentioed works pretty well as it is.

That's not to say I won't tinker with it in a future update, it was just a first pass implementation.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 1

Loving the bright lamps when you get the Roller Coaster feature on this.

Got to ask, what were all the versions of this ?

Was there ever a £15 / £25 rebuild ?

I am sure I one saw a flyer or something indicating a larger stake - I am not talking about the current JPM one, just stuff from a few years ago.

£8/10 & £15, there is a classic layout decalled to £15 but no dx yet!!!

And there was talk of rarer £6 token ROMs whether it's true remains to be seen.

As for wizards input with super bright lamps, the partytime three player stand up.

Player 3s yellow balloon on the top board flashes brighter than the other two, it gives a super bright flash when indicating it's going up.

Edited by vectra666

The £6 is true because I played it on £6.  Wasn't around for long though. as it quickly got upgraded to £8.  The most I had on the £15 version was £75, on the Rollercoaster feature.  I just stood there laughing as it was so unreal at the time.

7 hours ago, vectra666 said:

As for wizards input with super bright lamps, the partytime three player stand up.

Player 3s yellow balloon on the top board flashes brighter than the other two, it gives a super bright flash when indicating it's going up.

ooh, I'm not sure it's meant to do that?

7 hours ago, Ploggy said:

The £6 is true because I played it on £6.  Wasn't around for long though. as it quickly got upgraded to £8.  The most I had on the £15 version was £75, on the Rollercoaster feature.  I just stood there laughing as it was so unreal at the time.

Yes it was definitely £6 tokens to start with, very much remember playing it at 20p/£6. It did indeed go all the way to £15 all cash via £8 tokens and £10 cash, all in the original Vogue cabs on IMPACT, not 'remakes' on later techs or anything like that. I can't think of a single other machine that had that many jackpot ROM revisions on the original hardware.

The £15 version was absolutely crackers, could go a LONG time without showing a 1/12, but when it did and if you caught it right, it could do a £90 or even £105 (which is insane really) - had it out in an arcade on Douglas prom a few times, but it could cost sometimes, even when it was numbering.

I take it the original £6 ROMs for this have never surfaced? TBH it plays a very good game on £8 and £10 as well, but the £15 version is a different sous vide of onions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wizard said:

ooh, I'm not sure it's meant to do that?

I can assure you this is correct mate. They do this in the wild but not every time they go up :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vectra666 said:

So I'm assuming here that MFME doesn't do it ? As there isn't any code in there to do it on Astra Sys 1 lol

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this