DX'Cellent
Sign in to follow this  
Pook

Powerball DX - QPS - Scorpion 4

Brilliant!! After 18 years a chance for revenge.

Playing millennium eve in the arcade, exchanged in from 10 pound win and thought stupidly jackpot on.....

And yes - 1st move to ? and DEATH.

To this day I don't understand how I did not smash it.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2018 at 15:20, cat-racer said:

Brilliant!! After 18 years a chance for revenge.

Playing millennium eve in the arcade, exchanged in from 10 pound win and thought stupidly jackpot on.....

And yes - 1st move to ? and DEATH.

To this day I don't understand how I did not smash it.

when it was in a good mood it was in a GOOD mood, when it wasn't it was a complete BA***RD... usually when you exchanged into the feature it would let you know it was going to kill you straight away by showing 3 single bars on and above the win line in varying formations.

The best way to get the jackpot was getting a jackpot symbol in view and going for the 5alive feature if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

Who has good memory of this machine, playing the classic it seems that the Powerball logo only lights up when you get on the board which seems a bit odd to me. The tesla balls he's holding are lit all the time. Would make more sense to me that the text and balls are lit during play and the man lights up on board entry. Couldn't find anything for this on youtube, thoughts?

Edited by Pook

I played this more than any other fruity but you have me stumped on this one..... it was a VERY DARK machine,so it is possible that it does only light up the powerball logo during a board.

I'm pretty sure the "surround" was blue as well, but that might just be my failing memory lol and to be honest what you have done looks stunning.

This was the machine that got me  looking into the mfme scene in the first place,  from the shots so far, it looks like it was worth the wait, cheers Pook

18 hours ago, Pook said:

Who has good memory of this machine, playing the classic it seems that the Powerball logo only lights up when you get on the board which seems a bit odd to me. The tesla balls he's holding are lit all the time. Would make more sense to me that the text and balls are lit during play and the man lights up on board entry. Couldn't find anything for this on youtube, thoughts?

Hi Pook. Just fired up the classic to try to jog my memory.

The Tesla balls are lit all the time, and flash when feature entry is available. So I definitely have these lamped correctly on the classic. The text on the flyer suggests this as well.

The Powerball name lamping I also think is correct. It's rare, but it flashes for invincibility once in a while. It's wierd that it only lights on feature entry, but I believe this is correct. It's going back many years since I played this though.

I don't think the man is lamped at all.

Edited by Dougsta
  • Like 1

Also that middle reel bonus symbol on the classic is fairly ugly! I'm assuming you'll rework that though :)

It also uses the wrong jackpot symbols.

2 hours ago, Dougsta said:

Hi Pook. Just fired up the classic to try to jog my memory.

The Tesla balls are lit all the time, and flash when feature entry is available. So I definitely have these lamped correctly on the classic. The text on the flyer suggests this as well.

The Powerball name lamping I also think is correct. It's rare, but it flashes for invincibility once in a while. It's wierd that it only lights on feature entry, but I believe this is correct. It's going back many years since I played this though.

I don't think the man is lamped at all.

Ok thanks for that, I'll do that and see who it turns out. I't does seem odd but if that's how it was, if the top part of machine seems too dark to me during play I might light the man permanently to compensate. I'll fire over something playable to you when I have it.

1 hour ago, Dougsta said:

Also that middle reel bonus symbol on the classic is fairly ugly! I'm assuming you'll rework that though :)

It also uses the wrong jackpot symbols.

Yeah playing the classic before I knew what the machine looked like I thought it was an eyeball :D

7 hours ago, Pook said:

Ok thanks for that, I'll do that and see who it turns out. I't does seem odd but if that's how it was, if the top part of machine seems too dark to me during play I might light the man permanently to compensate. I'll fire over something playable to you when I have it.

it was a naturally dark machine, kind of added to the atmosphere I felt, possibly what attracted me to it in the first place....  the "serious" players stayed away so you had more chance of getting it in a happy mood once or twice  a week....   many a free lunch and a couple of coffee's for my  lunch hour over at  "atlantis" in Bromley for a good 18 months. 

• Like 1