DX'Cellent
Sign in to follow this  
Pook

Fire Cracker DX - BFM - Black Box

Yes !

It is "Indiana Jones - The Pinball Adventure" ?

:mess_441:

Well, I figured you might really be surprising us and using the hidden pinball emulator within MFME when you hit CTRL+P.

It clearly had to be Indiana Jones...

:mess_141:

...translate the above for anyone that takes this too seriosuly... ...I have no clue and there is no hidden pinball emulator that I am aware of !

Just now, Reg said:

Well, I figured you might really be surprising us and using the hidden pinball emulator within MFME when you hit CTRL+P.

It clearly had to be Indiana Jones...

:mess_141:

...translate the above for anyone that takes this too seriosuly... ...I have no clue and there is no hidden pinball emulator that I am aware of !

And there i was thinking iv never seen indy pinball fruiteee :mess_5:

10 hours ago, shaun2097 said:

fire cracker. :)

Well done Shaun, I might as well change the title of the thread now then :)

4.thumb.jpg.75c5de2b60077245047ffcd898414d5c.jpg

fcflyer.thumb.jpg.100bfeb6ef0dd0023c5240b8c5a42610.jpg

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

This looks like it's going to be a cracker.:10_wink:

Seen this mentioned several times, so it's sure to be popular, particular amongst The Mecca members.

• Like 1

Excellent stuff!  There is a classic layout but will be great to get the Pook treatment :).  Played these many times in the early to mid 80s.  Looking forward to this.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 17/09/2018 at 09:25, richardpen said:

Hows this coming along?

Hey Richard

Not been touched for a few months this one, drawing from scratch needs long chunks of time at PC, something that I didn't/couldn't stand over this summer. When the weather got a bit cooler I did the odd small bits to other projects but have been DIYing at home recently. 

That's now coming to an end so I will get back onto this into autumn, although now our bedroom is done after months of nagging from the missus my daughter is now bleating on that hers needs doing next, women!

• Like 2

Thanks for the update.  Love this machine, I played it a lot for real. 

I can appreciate the problem with sitting at computers during the hot summer.  My home PCs fans would over rev anything from two to three hours after being on from cold.  I've never had that problem before.  It meant having to switch it off every time I left it for any length of time.  It's fine now it has cooled down again.

Looking forward to this whenever time permits.  I know you have been working hard on updating old layouts, some of which I'm hoping to have time to play over the next couple of weeks as I am off work.  Especially those old £3/£4 JPMs.  That was well in my era. 

Thanks for your great work.

Richard

3 hours ago, Pook said:

Hey Richard

Not been touched for a few months this one, drawing from scratch needs long chunks of time at PC, something that I didn't/couldn't stand over this summer. When the weather got a bit cooler I did the odd small bits to other projects but have been DIYing at home recently. 

That's now coming to an end so I will get back onto this into autumn, although now our bedroom is done after months of nagging from the missus my daughter is now bleating on that hers needs doing next, women!

Are children's bedroom and are bedroom also need wallpapering,your more than welcome to come round and give us an hand,seen as you've got into the swing of things 😉

14 hours ago, evo1 said:

Are children's bedroom and are bedroom also need wallpapering,your more than welcome to come round and give us an hand,seen as you've got into the swing of things 😉

You wouldn't want that, trust me my DXing skills are far better than my DIYing ones.

So now my re-releases are all done I can focus back on new work. Recently I've been teaching my self to re-draw machines, after Nifty Fifty & Maximum my next machine to try was going to be the old BFM classic Fire Cracker.

I re-drew the top glass and had been looking at the bottom thinking I might of bitten off more that I could chew with the detail on the bottom glass, hence this project has stood still for a while. Then as if by magic a message pops up from @Richy1976 saying 'I spotted you were doing this, I have a pic of the bottom glass.' 

You couldn't write that script, many thanks Richy, perfect timing. Tarted up the photo a bit to create the bottom glass below, complete with bubble wrap reels, who's been around long enough to remember cling film reels? :D

fcbg.jpg.a275e02041ceea5c40a518aa06817a16.jpg

Edited by Pook
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

@Pook and @Richy1976 this is just great.

As an admin of a site, one of the things that really delights me is to see two members come together to help each other for the greater good of the scene. :)

Thank you both - it's posts like this ( well the one above not mine ) that are so pleasing to see. 🤜🤛

• Like 1

Looks great mate,what about bwb ghost buster?  Would live to see this in dx form likes,I was gonna have a bash at redrawing but it looks to be beyond my skills.

29 minutes ago, Tommy c said:

Looks great mate,what about bwb ghost buster?  Would live to see this in dx form likes,I was gonna have a bash at redrawing but it looks to be beyond my skills.

I'm comfortable with geometric redrawing but am learning new stuff as I play about. Just looked at the machine and it's not impossible for me. Keep an eye out next Halloween. 

• Awesome 1