DX'Cellent
Pook

Carry on Joker DX - Barcrest - MPU4

Hmm need to get my head around that, as I wouldn't expect a card to be lit when the lamp is off ?!?

I would have thought the prism lamp would work the same if you put a card image in both rather than a card image and a card back image

Edited by Wizard

@pook you put the 2nd lamp in the no2 section

as for the lamp mask its not saving, if i click back on to it the mask dissappears see pic above

Untitled.png

not really because the back card image is lit with a lamp on the real machine. I think it looks fine.

On a real machine the card is lit from the top lamp, and the card back from the bottom lamp ( or vice versa ), and the prism reflects/mirrors the image that is lit onto the other half. If both lamps are on, you can see both the card and the back merged together

Edited by Wizard

not really because the back card image is lit with a lamp on the real machine. I think it looks fine, though the lamp is not placed centrally like in your imagr above and that's physically impossible

On a real machine the card is lit from the top lamp, and the card back from the bottom lamp ( or vice versa ), and the prism reflects/mirrors the image that is lit onto the other half. If both lamps are on, you can see both the card and the back merged together

damn thing seems to give only 5 seconds to edit your post!

• Like 1

mine appears fine on the £4.80 version as thats the main hi lo "reel" it flickers more than the £4 one.

the jpm machine bankchase is another one that'll look good with this effect, another one on pooks wip list i think

Seems a bug crept in, this is what the lamp masks are supposed to be like:

They are like this in the Elvis example above but don't show in the properties

Capture.JPG

Edited by Wizard

i'll try adding them and saving the layout, any chance i could "borrow" the masks you've shown above please

I have no idea, what Wizard, Vecs, and Pook are talking about, but I do love reading it.  Most invigorating. (as Mrs Chomley-Warner would have said).

NQ.

This is what the cards are supposed to look like, just replace your fml file with this one. I will add some more customising features in v6.1 to set the angle etc

I didn't have the same type of Joker card as the original, so I've used a different one for the time being

• Like 1

oh bugger, I guess it'll have to wait. I'll remove the download >:(

Double bugger, I can't remove the download.

Edited by Wizard

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

Nevermind, thanks anyway. At least the workaround I have out there is functional and works ok.

3 hours ago, Wizard said:

For info, this is what happens with the updated FML.  For me anyway.

NQ.

COJ-pic.JPG

Now that v6.1 is out, here is my take on how the cards work should using the Prism Lamps in MFME:

Carry_on_Joker_DX.rar

There are options to change the style and tilt of the cards, and also a vertical type to simulate the Indiana Jones Holy Grail feature.

Also custom lamp masks can be used for illumination

• Like 3