Jump to content
DX'Cellent
Pook

Carry on Joker DX - Barcrest - MPU4

Recommended Posts

Always liked this machine, and I do like machines that use yamaha sound.

Updates for MFME v6 include...

  • Opaque reels
  • New set of cards (now matching real machine)
  • Updated digis
  • Updated sideart

5aa01d7ba5d46_CarryonJokerDX_1.thumb.jpg.c8851fa90358582583873f8be908ee79.jpg

******************************************
Carry On Joker WDX
******************************************
Released - 1st June 2005
Updated for MFME v6 - 7th March 2018
Author - Dave Pook
Manufacturer - Barcrest
Stake - 20p
Jackpot - £6
Resolution 1280x1024
******************************************
Shortcuts...
0 - Enter £1
9/T - Enter Token
`/C - Cancel/Collect
1 - Hold/Nudge 1
2 - Hold/Nudge 2
3 - Hold/Nudge 3
H - Hi
L - Lo
E/F - Exchange/Feature
Space/G - Start/Gamble
******************************************
Thanks to..
Bugs - Classic & Tech assistance
J - Font decection
WAC - Testing & advice based on memories of real machine.
******************************************

 

Carry_on_Joker_DX.zip

Edited by Pook
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Dave :D

The Token slot should be set to Tok MPU4 in the dropdown box as currently it registers as 20p cash
Also Meter 3 1 then needs adding to the In Meters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wizard said:

Thanks Dave :D

The Token slot should be set to Tok MPU4 in the dropdown box as currently it registers as 20p cash
Also Meter 3 1 then needs adding to the In Meters

Wish you'd of said that 13yrs ago xD

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had this in my collection for many years,how the hell do you streak this machine? can't seem to do well on it at all,will replace now with this update,thanks. Forgot to mention when you collect the skill fill nothing happens you just seem to miss,unless it's the cars that don't work on that feature.

Edited by Pook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Pook said:

Wish you'd of said that 13yrs ago xD

 

It's a new feature ( the token mech has two switches ) , wasn't supported 13 years ago xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tommy c said:

Had this in my collection for many years,how the hell do you streak this machine? can't seem to do well on it at all,will replace now with this update,thanks. Forgot to mention when you collect the skill fill nothing happens you just seem to miss,unless it's the cars that don't work on that feature.

Ok let me look into this, the original had two sets of lamps on top of each other for the cards, thought I was being smart using the multilamp feature in v6 to save doubling the work. Worked on everything I could see but didn't try every feature. Download removed whilst investigating. :ph34r:

Sorry TC hit edit on you post and not quote (not used to the extra button)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah deffo to do with hte cards,i think you have put the lit card in the off section and the off/flipped card in the on section,swapping them over makes the feature now work again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or you could try out the new Prism Lamp type which is specifically for this purpose

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the original works fine, a pain is the two lamps on top of each other have the on/off lamps opposite on each and the multi lamps in v6 share the same off lamps.

/me runs off to see what the hell a 'prism lamp' is :$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is an example:

Capture.JPG

 

Vertical types like the ones used in JPM's Indiana Jones Holy Grail feature will be in v6.1

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wizard said:

Here is an example:

 

 

Capture.JPG

Ah I see now the off is black and twin lamps on is on/off. Thought I was just being thicker than a whale omelette.

I see there is no mask either, shall play about to see how I can make it look, my images were taken from a real machine (blackjack club I believe) and look quite authentic. Used the same in the recent re-release of Super Blackjack but never came across this problem as it only had the one on lamp. Thanks for the example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tommy c said:

Yeah deffo to do with hte cards,i think you have put the lit card in the off section and the off/flipped card in the on section,swapping them over makes the feature now work again.

Fixes that feature but buggers everything else. :(

Shall go down the prism route or double stack lamps as previous, depends on what looks the best.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tommy c said:

Had this in my collection for many years,how the hell do you streak this machine? can't seem to do well on it at all,will replace now with this update,thanks. Forgot to mention when you collect the skill fill nothing happens you just seem to miss,unless it's the cars that don't work on that feature.

Ive never got to grips with this slot either(re streaks etc)-and yet I bloody loved it in the arcades!

 

Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pook said:

Always liked this machine, and I do like machines that use yamaha sound.

Updates for MFME v6 include...

  • Opaque reels
  • New set of cards (now matching real machine)
  • Updated digis
  • Updated sideart

5aa01d7ba5d46_CarryonJokerDX_1.thumb.jpg.c8851fa90358582583873f8be908ee79.jpg

******************************************
Carry On Joker WDX
******************************************
Released - 1st June 2005
Updated for MFME v6 - 7th March 2018
Author - Dave Pook
Manufacturer - Barcrest
Stake - 20p
Jackpot - £6
Resolution 1280x1024
******************************************
Shortcuts...
0 - Enter £1
9/T - Enter Token
`/C - Cancel/Collect
1 - Hold/Nudge 1
2 - Hold/Nudge 2
3 - Hold/Nudge 3
H - Hi
L - Lo
E/F - Exchange/Feature
Space/G - Start/Gamble
******************************************
Thanks to..
Bugs - Classic & Tech assistance
J - Font decection
WAC - Testing & advice based on memories of real machine.
******************************************

 

Cracking re-release Dave.

 

look forward to giving it a good bash when it is fixed and ready to go.

 

Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wizard said:

Here is an example:

Capture.JPG

 

Vertical types like the ones used in JPM's Indiana Jones Holy Grail feature will be in v6.1

May have to tinker about with the Blackjack Awps I did recently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so all working now (I hope). Download reattached to top post.

I just couldn't get the prism lamps to behave correctly, so went back to the double stacked lamp method, was easier than expected as I copied and pasted all the cards en masse (a function I don't remember in earlier versions of the emu, or I just never needed it before)

@Tommy c Skill fill feature now works fine. @Wizard Thanks for the token info, all fixed. I should just send you my releases before I post in future :D

Apologies for the error and delays on this on folks.

Edited by Pook
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cheers for the update pook looks great with the card row now, updated my two blackjack layouts to this prism lamp.

Sorry to hi-jack your topic but A few questions regarding these "prism" lamps 

how did you remve the black line through the middle.

and to wizard would a future update to these prism lamps have A. lamp masks added option and B. the abilty to make the prism more straight as i think the angle is to sharp for my blackjack layouts, as you can see i'm working out which way up they should go lol.

Untitled.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vectra666 said:

cheers for the update pook looks great with the card row now, updated my two blackjack layouts to this prism lamp.

Sorry to hi-jack your topic but A few questions regarding these "prism" lamps 

how did you remve the black line through the middle.

and to wizard would a future update to these prism lamps have A. lamp masks added option and B. the abilty to make the prism more straight as i think the angle is to sharp for my blackjack layouts, as you can see i'm working out which way up they should go lol.

The back line is supposed to be there, that's how they look on a real machine.

The mask box is below the image box in the properties, are you saying it doesn't work?

I could add an angle setting if it's really needed, but I don't think your example above is too sharp tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pook said:

@Tommy cI just couldn't get the prism lamps to behave correctly,@Wizard

 

Oh, Can you tell me what the issue was please in case there is something that needs fixing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wizard said:

Oh, Can you tell me what the issue was please in case there is something that needs fixing?

So the classic and my original dx have 2 lamps on top of eachother, but they have the on/off backwards, see pic to show both lamps for the same card. It seems to me that the prism lamps would work if they shared the sa me off lamp? Please correct me if I could've used the prism method, as I can be a tad slow sometimes.

cards.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×