Movie_Magic_Club_DX.zip

Edited by Pook
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Just now, Geddy said:

Many thanks, great layout...

Good foundation that's why ;)

• Like 2

Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne? Here? In a sixth-form girl's dormitory? With a clubber to play. With my reputation? What were they thinking of?

NQ.

Thanks Dave...

Never played this one so will give it a go, especially with such a lovely layout, as always

Thanks for this layout Pook.

A great layout as always. 

I rarely got a chance to play clubbers for real, just didn't have the access to them.  I get the feeling this is a kind of mid tech machine.  When I first loaded it I was expecting a high teck but the game is farely straight forward with a few features here and there.  I like the way how there is not a constant block on this machine, I have had a £50 and a £53 offered on the top board but was surprised on one occasion when I thought it had killed me after having £32 in the bank, thought it had gone to zero, continued playing suddenly realizing it had credited me the £32.  This has happened at least twice now.  I note that this clubber is unusual in that it will not offer you a feature exchange until you get to around £10 on the win trail.  Most clubbers I've played on the emulator usually gives you the option to transfer to the feature board either after the first successful gamble or at least lower down the  the gamble ladder than that.  I guess it saves the time and agony keep transferring to the feature board only to kill you after two or three moves.

One odd thing I've noticed and it has caught me out a couple of times, there appears to be a unique 'Over Credit' alarm built into this machine.  If you insert the money in very fast and the credits go to £12, (I think it is meant to lock at £10) the machine plays fine until it reaches £9.75 where upon it will make a continuous looping sound and freeze.  The issue persists even after a restart and so the only option is to clear the RAM.  So I am careful not to let it go over £11, it is quite happy with 11 pound at a time.

What does the Box Office Success square do?  Is it just a continue on square or does it have some significance if the game is in a certain state?  All it has done for me is to cheer and carry on.  Is the Nudge or Spin feature on the top board any good? 

Pook, where did you download the sound package for this machine? I mean the meter and coin in/out sounds?  I can hear them in your YouTube clip but not when I play the game.  I presume I can download them from somewhere and put them in the 'Sounds' folder or should they already be there?

Thanks for this layout, I am really enjoying this game.

Really not sure why the in/out sounds are not working for you Richard, is it just on this machine or do have no sounds on all? Couple thing to check is...

• Do you have the 'defaultsounds' folder in the same folder as MFME v6? This came with the emulator download.
  • Do you have all the boxes ticked under effects in the configuration tab?

sounds.jpg.8133fbf3b77e37cd66cfe171e473bda2.jpg

effects.jpg.ed846834f62805d8caa79467144ac82c.jpg

Regarding the features I really couldn't tell you what they all do, I'm sure most designers will admit to not playing their own work that much. For me after spending hours, days and potentially weeks on a machine dependent on the work required you tend to be sick of it, I might come back to it in a couple of years. Hopefully others here who have played more extensively can answer your question.

Finally I really appreciate the feedback. Don't get me wrong it's great when people say thank you for your work, but when people spend the time to give indepth feedback with experience playing the DX it or indeed memories of the real machine it's that bit more special. I'm very surprised how well this release has gone down to be honest, I'd never heard if it before until I bought the flyer, and it's the second highest download on the new site to date which was a surprise. :)

Dave

12 hours ago, richardpen said:

One odd thing I've noticed and it has caught me out a couple of times, there appears to be a unique 'Over Credit' alarm built into this machine.  If you insert the money in very fast and the credits go to £12, (I think it is meant to lock at £10) the machine plays fine until it reaches £9.75 where upon it will make a continuous looping sound and freeze.  The issue persists even after a restart and so the only option is to clear the RAM.  So I am careful not to let it go over £11, it is quite happy with 11 pound at a time.

You can fix that by checking lockout on the £1 entry bezel:

Capture.JPG

• Like 1