YouTube Emulation Extravaganza

Chopaholic

i 100% agree with you on every word and action in that MPU4 Video. even the watching of the youtube video of Reno Reels...i also used to watch it and wish!

i look foward to the emptier videos ! ive always wonderd how it was done on these...somthing about the reels spins arnt random or something??? buggerd if i know.

brillant video as always. :)

• Like 1

Nice one degsy as per😉 Best sample for my which stuck in my head was slots on reno. Monte carlo or bust was my favorite, never seen miami  machine and i seem to have it in my head that on the early versions of reno and monte carlo (now i cant remember if there was £4.80 jackpot on these)am sort of thinking there was and if you took a super feature it was a jackpot and if took a credit and brought in a win then it was a jackpot again. but when the new £6 roms came out the wins had changed on the the feature board. Its was very nice to see these done for FME as to watching youtube videos for memories.

But yes great video and Thank you. 

• Like 1

Great vid Al, sublime.   God I miss playing these in the wild for sure ;)

I also released a version of Gold Rush which complimented Reno Reels and is almost a clone apart from the way the feature can be entered, you can enter with a normal feature entry or get 3 coins on one reel (via feature holds) and enter with feature already upgraded.   It was a strange one.

Gold Rush is my personal favourite, was an emptier on at least 2 of the programmes for all these, Reno, gold rush, monte and miami.    Was always nice to find one of these, they were everywhere back in the day.   Never got chipped till the early on in the £8 era, so a lot of the £8 tokens ones worked.   We got the trick in summer 95, a fix was released in Dec 95.  Still back then just pre-mobile phones these tricks lasted for ages, I played a fair few in 1996 that were still unchipped, great era to play in, do miss those crazy times.

Cheers

J

• Like 1

Another enjoyable video. Must say I never really took much notice of the music, but there are some really great sample tracks on these machines. I don't even play emulated machines with the sound above a lowish level.

Not sure I could just have stood there and listened to the samples on loop though, back in the day, probably would have got kicked out of the Central London arcades.

I know I have played several of them in the past, but not sure I played every single BWB video machine.

Hopefully you'll get a chance to play a hi res DX of Reno Reels one day and Gold Rush as well.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wearecity said:

Hopefully you'll get a chance to play a hi res DX of Reno Reels one day and Gold Rush as well.

same goes for mazooma belle as when i made this the nudge panel was homemade so not even sure if its supposed to look like that, as for reno reels i take it we'd only need the top feature panel for a dx otherwise maybe a pdx type of thing could happen

If decent Reno images every surfaced I would definitely be creating a layout even if it was just for my personal use.  Gold Rush will be unlikely, not seen one since 2006.

I did start redrawing Reno from some lo res images when mfme v5 was released, but my personal opinion is that glass scans/redraw are no-where near as good as hi-res images of the actual machine.

J

• Like 2

On 10/10/2018 at 01:46, A:E said:

Decent mate, many thanks for those.  

J

Use my red hot poker cab as a doner cab then just place the glasses within, if I remember laters I have a large image of it with a long pm so will need to find it and pm you it

Edited by vectra666

I did some original work on that red hot poker cab for richy so I do have a decent cab.  I had been doing some bits for a Reno DX a while back but put it on the back burner.   The top glass image on that pic isn’t too bad I’ve recreated the bottom glass from various bits etc.

I was going to work on this at some point but there is nothing stopped you creating something vecs if you wanted fella.   I can hold off with it no problem.

J

18 hours ago, A:E said:

I did some original work on that red hot poker cab for richy so I do have a decent cab.  I had been doing some bits for a Reno DX a while back but put it on the back burner.   The top glass image on that pic isn’t too bad I’ve recreated the bottom glass from various bits etc.

I was going to work on this at some point but there is nothing stopped you creating something vecs if you wanted fella.   I can hold off with it no problem.

J

You go for it, not on my to do list and yours will look much better than mine 

On 12/10/2018 at 08:43, A:E said:

Cheers Al, really nice looking Barcrest this, stonking DX as well.

Can be hard work on the board sometimes.   What could you do on earlier versions? Was there a different method?

J

I believe it was really easy to trap them for the £70 squares in the corners on P1 and P2, then a bit more involved on P3, but nothing like the mega-faff that the P4s are.

They were all on P4 when they first showed up over here so I never got to do any of the earlier chips.

There has also been talk of a 'dirty chip' over the years that was allegedly a sort of 'semi-unofficial' P5, and that one would just Alien you for fun whenever it felt like it, apparently.

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

8 hours ago, Chopaholic said:

I believe it was really easy to trap them for the £70 squares in the corners on P1 and P2, then a bit more involved on P3, but nothing like the mega-faff that the P4s are.

They were all on P4 when they first showed up over here so I never got to do any of the earlier chips.

There has also been talk of a 'dirty chip' over the years that was allegedly a sort of 'semi-unofficial' P5, and that one would just Alien you for fun whenever it felt like it, apparently.

By the way Al, this is running V0.3, not V0.4.

J

How is it doing on its percentage? IIRC as downloaded it's in a pretty happy mood. It doesn't have to be invincible to let you get a jackpot or mega streak 'normally'.

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth